~XI~ - The Easter-egg Hunt for Anna Milton

~XI~ – The Easter-egg Hunt for Anna Milton

The one downside to being an angel is being tuned into the angel radio. It never quiets, it never softens. It's a miracle in itself if you can shut it off for a while before it bursts its way back into your skull.

For now, I've managed to calm it down. I took some time away from the Winchesters, and away from all of Heaven's eyes, as I did not want any angels, Uriel especially, to find me. I'm teetering on a thin line with them by being with the Winchesters. I'm just glad Ruby hasn't been seen with me. Who knew what assumptions would come out of that?

I've found myself at a disgusting bar, feeling Sam and Dean's presence inside. I watch from the window at a distance. Sam looks to be under some alcohol influence. I shake my head. This is what hunters do in what downtime they have. Nothing major has been happening, so why wouldn't they have a little free time?

"Well, son of a bitch," comes a female voice. I half-turn to find Ruby walking towards me. "The hell are you doing here, feathers? Playing guardian angel to those bozos?"

I snort. "Hello to you, too."

"Gasp. Was that an attempt at being civil?"

"I was making sure they're alright."

Ruby squints to look into the window. "You should be like them and loosen up some. Get some beers in you."

"I don't believe alcohol will have any effect on me."

"Don't know until we try it. Seriously, what are you doing here? Did you know I was gonna find them?"

"I don't waste my time in wondering about a demon's routine."

"But you waste your time checking in on those two." She points to the Winchesters through the window.

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't know how you haven't had anything come back in that radio in your head. Got a psych ward escapee on the loose." I tilt my head. "A chicken flew the coop. Basically, a crazy person fled from the place she was holed up in. That dumb enough for you?"

I scoff at her. "And why would a crazy person fleeing from a place she probably doesn't like concern you?"

"It concerns me, concerns the demons. Why she's so special, I don't know. Just heard an order that she's wanted breathing. Figured I'd give the Winchesters the tip so they can get to her before the demons can." She brushes past me, entering the bar. Sighing, I find myself following after her.

Sam notices Ruby first, and he notices I'm with her, at a considerable distance away. Her presence is still uncomfortable. Dean notices his brother has gone missing, and he looks angry when he sees Ruby.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me," he snarls to her.

"I just have some info, and then I'm gone. Not sure what feathers here plans to do. Most likely aid you guys with what I'm about to give you, since apparently she's your puppy dog."

"I'm not—" I begin, but I'm cut off by Sam.

"What is it?" he asks Ruby.

"I'm hearing a few whispers," she states.

"Ooh, great, demon whispers—that's reliable," Dean says.

"Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter-egg hunt."