Doctor Gu

When Doctor Gu arrived, his salt and pepper hair was in disarray as he fumbled with his doctor's bag.  His disorderly appearance made him look clumsy and unprofessional.  

"Doctor Gu, I was hoping you could help us." Petro said as he showed the Doctor to a seat and gave him some tea.  "This young lady..." 

"Hongmo."  Hongmo tells them.  

"Lady Hongmo said she could diagnose and cure my wife as well as give me 15,000 gold coins in exchange of selling my house to her.  While Lady Sara is willing to give me 25,000 gold coins that I asked for to help buy the ingredients for the cure. However she doesn't have the money yet and have sent her maid to gather the funds from her father.  Should Lady Hongmo succeed, I will accept her deal and this house would be hers.  We need you here to bare witness and make sure what Lady Iris say is correct."  

Doctor Gu looked at the woman in red.  Her plain dress was neither rich or poor.  It was plain, but the material that it was made out of was still of quality. She wore her hair down, with no decorative pins to identify her status or show off her beauty. Although she looked young, she held an aura of self confidence that made him give her a chance.  

"Sure, I'll stand as witness."  He said. "Please tell us your thoughts!"  

"Thank you Doctor Gu."  Hongmo said.  "Lady Rose was poisoned with the Crimson Heart Poison.  She ingested the poison through liquid form, I'm guessing it was through her tea.  Who ever gave her the tea, must really hate her as the Crimson Heart Poison is a slow acting poison that slowly poisons the victim.  The poison releases when the Crimson Heart Poison accumulates enough poison to attack the heart first, then slowly makes it way to the brain affecting and contaminating the third eye dantian."  

"That's correct."  Doctor Gu said as he sat up in his seat.  Diagnosing the poison was hard because the poison is rare.  It was hard to make, which makes it hard to know the qualities to the poison.  Only those that have the opportunity to see the poison first hand would know what signs to look for the diagnosis. "And the cure?"   

Hongmo smiled and listed the ingredients needed to cure the Crimson Heart Poison.  When she finished, Doctor Gu's mouth hanged opened in astonishment.  

"Doctor Gu, is she correct?"  Petro said excitedly.  Lady Hongmo really did know how to diagnose his wife's illness and know how to cure her.  

"Yes, she is correct."  Doctor Gu said as he slowly placed the tea cup down.  

"Now as for curing Lady Rose."  Hongmo said.  "Here is 15,000 gold coins."  

Hongmo handed over 150 gold notes over to Petro.  Then she took a single pill out of a porcelain vial.  

"Do we have a deal Mister Petro?"  Hongmo said as she held the pill in her hand.  

"Yes! Yes!  We have a deal!"  Petro said as he stared at the pill in her hands.  "The house is yours should you cure my wife."  

"Wait!"  Sara shouted.  "How do you know if the pill she's holding is the cure?  You're just going to let her feed your wife a mysterious pill, just because she knew the illness and the cure to your wife?!  What if the pill is poison that would cause the death of your wife sooner?"  

"As if I would kill anyone in front of witnesses."  Hongmo said.  "Do you trust me Mister Petro?  Should I give your wife the antidote?"  

"Yes!  I trust you!  Give it to her. Give it to her!"  Petro pleaded.  Hope shined brightly in front of him for the first time in almost a year.  He looked at Lady Sara darkly for interfering in his business.  

Hongmo slipped the pill inside Rose's mouth and the pill melted into her throat upon contact.  Her pale face soon held color as her breathing steadied.  

"Doctor Gu, would you mind checking Lady Rose to make sure I didn't kill her, but cure her."  Hongmo said as she stepped to the side.  

Doctor Gu went the the side of the bed and thoroughly checked the vital signs of Lady Rose.  His eyes lit up with surprise as her body showed signs of improvement.  He immediately looked at Hongmo and told them his diagnosis.  

"The medicine is working!"  Doctor Gu said.  "Lady Rose is showing signs of improvement!"  

"I'm not done yet."  Hongmo said.  "This should be the final steps to curing Lady Rose completely."  

Hongmo stood over Rose and raised her hand over Rose's heart where the concentration of the poison was the most.  Hongmo pushed her qi into Rose's body and pushed the poison out.  From Rose's pores, a thick, black liquid seeped out and stank up the room quickly.  The windows opened with the help of the maids as sunlight shined through.  

Hongmo's hand hovered over the body pushing her qi into Rose and pushing the poison out.  Her hand hovered over Rose's heart then made it's way above her neck and then her head.  As the poison seeped out, Rose's face that was once full of pain, became relaxed with peace.  Doctor Gu held on to Rose's pulse on her wrist the whole time, watching her vitals as the poisoned was cleansed out from her.  

"She did it."  Doctor Gu said to Petro.  "There are no more signs of poison in your wife's body.  I don't feel poison inside of her."  

"She'll need a couple more days of rest before you can move her."  Hongmo said as she wiped off the sweat off her forehead.  "Lets sign the papers of ownership to this house over to me.  I'll let you guys stay for a week to let Lady Rose recover.  It'll also let you guys pack your belongings as well."  

"Thank you, Lady Hongmo!  You are my wife's savior!"  Petro said as he knelt on his knees.  "You are an angel sent from the Gods to help us!  I cannot thank you enough!  You also have a kind and giving heart to let us stay here while she recovers! Thank you!  Thank you!"  

"There are not thanks to be given.  I will stop everyday to make sure she is recovering well."  Hongmo told him.  "You should also try to find out who poisoned your wife.  The Crimison Heart Poison is a viscous poison that would only work by drinking the poison everyday for a year.  You should investigate your servants and see where their loyalties lie. To poison their Mistress everyday for a year is evil.  And they need to be punished."  

"Thank you! I'll do as you say."  Petro said as he went to the desk in the corner of the room and pulled out a stack of papers.  "This the the deed to the land and house.  And here are the keys to the gate, house, and shed."  

Petro gave her all the necessary documents and shook her hand.  "I cannot thank you enough!"  

"I'll visit tomorrow."  Hongmo said as she turned to leave.  "Make sure Lady Rose is bathed and her clothes and bed sheets are changed and burned."  

"Wait!"  Doctor Gu said trying to stop her.   

Hongmo didn't stop when Doctor Gu called at her.  

"I suggest you leave, Lady Sara.  You're trespassing and you are not welcomed in my home."