The General's House (2)

Hongmo asked for paper and ink as she wrote down ingredients to make a cure for the Blue Sprig Poison.  Doctor Gu hovered at her back as he read the list of ingredients.  Most of which could be found easily, while five of the ingredients were rare.  He heard of the five rare ingredients, but he didn't know how to use them.  

"The poison?"  Doctor Gu asked as the list of medicinal ingredients was given to a servant to go look for and bring to them.  

"The Blue Sprig Poison."  Hongmo tells them.  "It's main ingredient comes from the Blue Hells bush. Have you heard of it?"  

Doctor Gu shook his head yes.  He's never seen a Blue Hells bush in his life.  He's only read about it in books.  

"Then you know where the Blue Sprig Poison gets it's name. From the Blue Hells bush, you take a the young stem of the bush and add it to several other plants and boom, you get the Blue Sprig Poison." Hongmo said nonchalantly.  "It targets the qi core and poisons the core, making it hard to use his inner qi. Depending on the dosage of the poison, depends on how long one lives after being poisoned.  Seeing how the arrow head was poisoned, the dosage on poison inside Young Master Henry is small. That is the reason why he has lived this long."    

Doctor Gu's excited face fell, once Hongmo brushed over how to make the poison.  Of course she would hide how to make the poison.  How could he be so naive to think that she would tell them.  How he wished she was still affected by the Silver Tongue elixir.  

"We should be able to get all the ingredients soon.  Please come and join my wife and I for some food and refreshments." General Hugh said as he stood up.  He hated waiting.  He was a man of action and waiting for things made him anxious.  If he was doing something with his hands, even if it was eating and drinking,  at least he would not be waiting.  

"Please go on with out me."  Hongmo told them.  "I will watch over Young Master Henry as you all rest and refresh yourself.  Should anything happen I'll send word and try my best to save your son."  

Asano's eyes and heart tightened at her statement.  When he was about to argue with her, Sano and Doctor Gu had pushed him out the room and into the next room with General Hugh and Lady Margret.  Asano looked back to see Hongmo take the seat beside Henry and her fingers laid over his wrist to read his pulse.  

Asano sat in the seat that let him see into Henry's room.  He could stare at the backside of Hongmo as Hongmo sat beside Henry watching over him.  As the tea and food was served, Asano kept an eye on Hongmo as they spoke. 

"Are you sure she can cure my son?"  Margret whispered.  

"Should I ever become poisoned, I would have Miss Hongmo cure me.  She is the real deal.  I trust her."  Doctor Gu told her.  "I saw her diagnose Miss Rose and cure her with my own eyes. That is how I know she is the Godly Poison Expert that she is."  

"I'll tear her throat out if she kills my son."  Margret said softly.  

"She won't hurt Henry."  Hugh said as he rubbed her back.  "She's here to cure him not kill him."

"If she does anything to harm my son.... I swear...."  Margret started to say.  

"Enough swearing! She doesn't have to be here!  But she is because of the help of Master Teacher Sano, Doctor Gu and Prince Asano.  Should we show any disrespect towards her we will be blackening their reputation and our own reputation."  Hugh lectured her while trying to clam her down.  

"I don't care about reputation!  I just want my son to be cured!"  She cried out.  

"Margret!  If you can't behave yourself in front of our guests, I suggest you to leave!"  

"No!  Don't ask me to leave.  I want to stay by my son's side.  Please I won't say another word!"  She pleaded as fresh tears fall down her face.  

"I know you're scared.  So am I, but it does us no good if we worry about the 'what ifs' in this situation.  We must have hope that Miss Hongmo knows what she is doing and believe in her skills, just like Doctor Gu believes in her.  I trust them to not bring us someone who will hurt our son.  But someone who will heal him."  Hugh said as he hugged her.  "We are being rude to our guests.  Now let us try to eat something and be strong for our son.  He will worry should we become sick."  

Margret nodded her head to agree, then turned back to speak with her guests.  

Asano's attention was directed at Hongmo as he watched her carefully as she stood up to lean over Henry.  Her ear laid on his chest as she listened to his lungs breathe in and out.  Then she reached for something and pulled something out and place it inside his mouth.  Asano stood up quickly and went inside the other room.  Everyone else quickly stood up and followed.  

"What did you do!?!"  Margret ran ahead as she shouted at Hongmo.  "What did you give my son!" 

Margret ran towards Hongmo and tried to push her away from Henry.  Hongmo stepped away before Margret could touch her.  

"Henry was burning up with fever.  I gave him some medicine to fight the fever.  There is nothing to be alarmed about."  Hongmo told them.  "If you do not trust me, I shall take my leave.  The death of your son will be on your hands due to your distrust.  I have no care for you, your son, or your family.  I grow tired of you and this situation.  I bid you to spend the remaining days with your son wisely."  

Everyone stared in horror as they watch Hongmo start to leave the room.  

"Stop!  You're a doctor!  You're suppose to help those in need!"  Margret cried out.  

"I never claimed to be a doctor!  Or did you forget!  These people came to me to help your son! They came to me on behalf of their dear friend and ally to help his son.  And you have done nothing, but mistrust me and my words.  Since that is the case, why should I stay here and tolerate your behavior?  You acting this way is a waste of energy and time.  You're helping no one and I don't tolerate fools.  Should me leaving, make me enemies with you and your family, that is a risk I am willing to make for your foolishness." Hongmo said coldly.

She had enough of them testing her and sneaking the Silver Tongue elixir into her teacup for her to drink. Now she had to deal with the over protective mother.  Hongmo should be more understanding of Margret's situation, but Hongmo was never one who cares for others.  

 Hongmo unleashed her qi aura and filled the room with her oppressive power.  She let her anger unleash as everyone fell to their knees except for Master Teacher Sano and Asano.  Their stance was unstable as they tried with all their might to withstand the qi pressure.  They could feel a slight trickle of blood drip down their nose and blood start to spout out their mouth as the qi pressure held them down.  

"Let me tell you.  Once you make enemies with me, I'll make sure you regret ever becoming my enemy.  Don't believe me?  Ask your Prince what kind of a woman I am and he'll tell you how deadly I can be!"