The Death Of The Dead Spy

In the end, Blood Moon only sent one person to deal with The Dead Spy.  Only one person to take the payment that was owed to the Blood Moon.  The Thunder Condor Squad had taken a payment of 5 million gold coins to make them happy, but as a goodbye present, they told The Dead Spy that the Blood Moon called out for their blood as payment.  

Everyone heard the call of blood debt The Dead Spy accumulated against Blood Moon.  Everyone started making bets on who would win.  The Dead Spy who had twice as much assassins and guards than Blood Moon?  Or Blood Moon who although had half as much men as The Dead Spy, but had stronger and more experienced assassins.  Did quantity win over quality or will it be the other way around?  

"I can do it."  Hongmo told Mace after the parley with the Thunder Condor.  They went back to his inner office in the Crimson Lightning Tea House.  

"By yourself?"  He asked worriedly.  

"Yes.  This issue between the Dead Spy and Blood Moon started because of me.  I'll end it by my hands."  Hongmo told him.  "Besides, my reputation as Ghost needs to grow even more.  With tonight's death of the fake Ghost, my name will bring fear into everyone's hearts.  But if I go in alone to collect the blood debt of The Dead Spy.  It will make me a legend."  

"But alone though."  Mace hesitated.  

"Trust me."  She said.  "I can do it."  

Mace sighed heavily, still hesitating.  

"If you do this and succeed.  It'll make you a monster."  Mace said.  

"That's what I want."  Hongmo said.  But with her voice came through the Goryo's voice making it sound more demon like.  

"Very well."  Mace said as he gave into her.  He couldn't say no to her even if he tried.  

The night of the collection of the blood debt.  The headquarters of The Dead Spy lit up with torches and lamps.  All of the assassin who was part of The Dead Spy were there at the headquarters waiting for the Blood Moon to attack.  They watched with the silence of the night for any signs, but everything around them were still.  As if it was the calm before the storm.  

"Do you think they're going to come?"  Jackson asked Sina.  

"Yes."  Sina said.  It was too late to regret his decision.  He should have just paid the blood debt a long time ago.  But his pride was hurt from the big blow he received from the Blood Moon.  Because of it, he didn't pay up the debt.  He let it fester and grow.  His elders even came up with the idea to get the Thunder Condor Squad and the Blood Moon to become enemies, by having an assassin claim to be the Ghost.  While the two organizations fought, The Dead Spy would stand back and watch them kill each other in a war.  But things didn't go the way they wanted to. 

Who would have thought that the Ghost was real and not just a scary bed time story to scare children with.  But instead, Ghost was real.  Ghost was scary and not just to scare children.  But grown men and women as well.  It was too late to pay up their debt.  So they called in every member of their organization and waited.  

Now they waited for the attack from the Blood Moon.  Waited for the start of a war.  But instead what they got was not a war, but a massacre. 

As each torch and lamp went out, one Dead Spy died.  The torch and lantern they held on to blew out with their life.  Hongmo struck them so fast they didn't know what hit them.  

"Ghost!"  Some of them yelled as they could only see the torch or lamp get blown out along with the spatter of blood from the man or woman holding it.  Some tried to fight back, but no one could see Ghost as Ghost attacked.  The movements were either unseen or a quick blur before disappearing again.  They attacked blindly and hurt their own people instead.  Sinna watched as his people died one by one by the hands of the Ghost.  

"Stop!"  Sina shouted as he watched the massacre happen. How could he just stand there and watch his men die without even a fight?  Without even a sliver of hope?  But to his horror, it didn't stop.  No matter how he pleaded with Ghost.  "I'll pay!  I'll pay!  Three times the amount.  No four times!  Four times of the amount!  What ever you want, what ever Mace wants, I'll pay!"

The killing didn't stop with his pleading.  It was too late for talks. It was too late to bargain for their lives.  Too late to regret.  

300 lives were taken that night.  Sina, the Young Master of The Dead Spy, died last.  His blood debt was watching his men die in front of him, while his men's blood debt was aligning themselves with The Dead Spy organization.  

What Hongmo did admire about the Dead Spy was that no one ran away to save their own life.  Even though they knew their life was forfeit to the blood debt, they stay planted with the knowledge that they will fall along with their friends and peers that night.   

Mace from Blood Moon,  Elder Chen from Thunder Condor, Five from Dark Warhammer and Light from Black Mist all stood on the roof of the building not far from Dead Spy's headquarters.  They all stood to watch history being made as Ghost annihilated The Dead Spy.   

"Monster!" Elder Chen said softly.  

"No."  Mace told them.  "Ghost."