King Asano

King Asano's coronation happened smoothly and with out any interference from anyone.  Not even one word of disagreement from the citizens or the ministers opposed his rule.  Hongmo had been given an invitation to the coronation, however she opted out to not attend.  Her connection with Asano ended a long time ago and she didn't want any more connections to the crown.  She didn't want to deal with intrigue of the crown and the people who ran the Kingdom.

Hongmo had stayed home with Nightmare and spent the day together, walking her grounds of her courtyard and attending to her herb garden and flower garden.  When night fell, Nightmare fell asleep first as Hongmo stayed in the kitchen, making elixirs and ointments.  

She felt him the moment he landed on her courtyard.  She could also feel two shadow guards follow him as he made his way towards the light coming from the kitchen.  The door and windows was open to let out the smells and smoke from the kitchen as she made her elixirs and ointments.  

Asano stood by the door watching her as she kept working.  It was just like before.  When they still had each other's love and trust.  Before he ruined everything and made her leave him.  

"You going to stand there the whole night like a stranger?" Hongmo said to him, repeating the words she once said to him.  

Asano answered and saw that the Hongmo that he once knew has changed.  The Hongmo that was cold and aloof has now soften around the edges and now seemed more comfortable with herself.  Not only that, but she smiled more.  

"Have you been well?"  He asked as he stepped through the door and leaned against the table that was beside the door.  

"I have, my King."  Hongmo said as she bowed to him.  

"Don't."  Asano quickly said to her.  "Don't bow.  Not you.  Never you."

Hongmo stood up and pointed to the empty seat at the table.  

"Sit, I'll boil some water for tea."  Hongmo said as she took off the elixir off the fire.  It was finished, all it needed to do was cool down.  Her ointment was cooling as well, so she didn't need to keep her eye on them.  "Congratulations.  King Asano.  I always knew you would become King."  

"Thank you."  He said.  "You didn't come to the coronation today."  

"I didn't want to cause you any trouble with Queen Masa by showing up."  Hongmo told him as the water began to boil.  She took it off the fire and poured the water into the teapot filled with tea and then brought the tea pot over to the table.  She set out the tea cup in front of him and one for herself before searching for some snacks.  She found grapes and placed them between them before sitting down again.  

"Queen Masa does not have such a small heart to cause issue with you or me."  He told her.  "She knows about us and appreciates your support of her."  

Hongmo smiled, but she knew that even though Lady Masa said those words to Asano, no woman likes knowing that their husband loved another before her.  

"Still."  Hongmo said.  "She is still Queen and I shall respect that." 

"She has asked me to thank Ghost for saving her."  Asano said.  "She is grateful for Ghost's help in her time of need."  

"I'll let Ghost know."  Hongmo said because the two shadow guards still stood by the door.  Although she was cordial towards him and smiled at him, she has become more distant from him since she left.  Her eyes no longer shined like they use to shine at him.  

"How have you been?"  

"Well."  She told him.  "I took care of my business and had time to explore Bido Kingdom.  I've learned a lot about myself and about the people of Bido. I would like to keep on exploring the country side.  I find it relaxing and meeting the different people of Bido makes me realize how big the world is."  

"Mace said you're engaged."  He said to her.  "Said it was one of the assassins from Blood Moon.  Nightmare was it?"  

Hongmo smiled as nodded.  She poured the steeped tea into his cup and then hers.  "Yes, his name is Nightmare."  

"Does he make you happy?"  

"Very." 

"Then there is nothing more for me to ask."  Asano said even though his heart ache for the news of her engagement and the knowledge that she was taken.  He couldn't refuse her, her happiness.  He couldn't refuse anything from her.  

"Thank you."  Hongmo told him.  

"Queen Masa's pregnant."  He told her.  "Five months."  

"Congratulations.  I know you'll be a great father."  She told him.  

As they continued their talk late into the night, Asano spoke of his worries and filled her in on his life.  His plans and dreams for his Kingdom and his people.  He shared with her  everything he wanted to say to her for the past two years and Hongmo listened and smiled.  She joked and teased him until the sun began to rise.  Asano left before her servants caught them together and they left as friends.  The way Hongmo wanted them to be.