Seven Peak Mountain

Hongmo had been sitting in her receiving room drinking tea when Mace came out to the bedroom.  His shit-eating smile on his face could blind anyone was stuck on his face as he came over to her.  He took the seat next to her as Hongmo poured him a cup.  

"Sleep well?"  Hongmo asked.  

"Very."  He told her.  

"Good."  Hongmo said as she pushed the plate of pastries to him.  "Any word on Minister Sonya and his movements?"  

"He has put out a 1 million gold contract on killing the Ghost."  Mace told her.  "I have it on good authority that The Tyrant took the contract.  So far his minions have found nothing about Ghost.  No one, but me knows of Ghost's identity, so there won't be anyone who would know of your identity."  

"But that would mean that you're in danger."  Hongmo said worriedly.  

"Yes, but my life is always in danger. I have many people by my side.  The Tyrant won't make any moves against me and create a war between Blood Moon and Dark Warhammer.  Should any moves are made against me, I'll remind them of my power."  He told her as he patted her hand.  "People tend to forget how strong I am because I act frivolous.  But a little reminder here and there makes life interesting doesn't it?"  

His eyes glint with deadly anticipation and his smile widen even more making him look crazy.  Hongmo has never seen this side to Mace and she felt this side of him along with his puppy, pouty, little boy was the real him.  And she liked it. 

"Haha!"  Hongmo laughed.  

The crazy shit-eating smile dropped as he heard her laugh.   He made her laugh, but he wasn't even trying to be funny.  The laughter died down as Hongmo got out of her chair and sat on his lap.  She caressed his cheek with her hand as she stared at him.  

"You're going to be busy for a while aren't you."  Hongmo asked already knowing the answer.  

"Yes.  I won't be able to meet with you as often as I would like to."  

"That's fine.  You take good care of yourself and happy hunting."  Hongmo told him.  "Should you decide to go after The Tyrant, I have some information you should know about him."  

Hongmo stroked his hair back as she spoke.  Should Mace decides to kill The Tyrant before she could fully prepare herself to kill him, she would let Mace do it for her.  But should she finish her preparations before The Tyrant made his move against Mace, she'll follow through with her plans.  

"I found out that The Tyrant has build underground rooms under his home.  He has women locked there against their wills.  Should anything happen to The Tyrant, we need to help those girls escape."  Hongmo said.  

Mace nodded his head. 

"You take care and be careful.  If you need my help, you know where I am.  Thorne will be helping me with the tea house business while I prepare Blood Moon.  Should you need anything, he is there and I have told him to give you full access to the Blood Moon services."  Mace told her.  His slipped his fingers through her hair and brought her face close to his to kiss her.  Her soft lips met his and they continued to kiss until both of them had to pull back to breath.  

"I should go."  Mace said.  

"Okay."  Hongmo agreed as she stood up.  "Remember to take care."  

After Mace left, Hongmo too prepared herself to leave as well.  She needed a rare plant that could only be found by the waterfalls called Mystic Night for one of her potions that she was preparing for emergency purposes.  She left by herself against the warnings from her servants, but in the end she won and assured them that she would be fine.  

On her way to the Seven Peak Mountains, she ran into Nightmare and Vixen on their way out of the royal city.  

"Where is Mistress Hongmo leaving to without an escort?"  Vixen asked as they rode up beside her. 

"I am looking for medicinal plants in the Seven Peak Mountains."  Hongmo told them.  

"What a coincidence!"  Vixen said.  "We're on our way there to kill the beasts there for training and for their soul cores!  Lets travel together for our safety!"  

"That sounds good."  Nightmare agreed as well.  

Hongmo pulled a tight smile and nodded her head yes. She didn't mind the company and traveling with them could be entertaining.  They rode on out of the city and as they traveled on to the first peak of the Seven Peak Mountain range, Vixen talked most of the time.  She shared stories of her kills and stories of Doc, BP and Mace.  Vixen had Nightmare laughing with her stories and Hongmo was able to genuinely smile while listening to the stories.