Dark Condor (2)

Light blew on a whistle as he flew away from the platform, informing the two women that they were able to start fighting.  But instead of heading into the fight, head on, they both waited for the other person to attack so they could counter attack.  The crowd waited in a heavy silence as the suspense built up between the two competitors.  

Shadow's sword flicked once, sending her qi force towards Rah in an attack.  Instead of dodging the qi force, Rah heads straight towards it and as the qi force gets closer to her, Rah pulls out her sword and flicks back her qi force towards Shadow's released qi force.  Both of the qi force hit each other in a loud explosion as the qi light became brighter and brighter, blinding everyone who watched.  

And as soon as the qi light lit up, it darkened the skies and covered the sun in a qi cloud.  There were loud gasps and screams of surprise as both women were back to back now.  They were so close to each other and they were talking to each other cordially as if they didn't just attack each other just a minute ago.   

Their swords were sheathed and their hands were to their sides.  Their faces, face forward as they spoke quietly to each other, not wanting anyone else listen in on to their conversation.  A bitter smile was on both of their faces as they spoke.  Then suddenly Rah spat out bright red blood on to the platform and fell down to her knees.  She caught herself with her hands as Rah kept coughing up blood.  

The tail end of her blonde hair was stained by her own blood as it had fallen from her back and on to the side, letting the tips of her hair soak in the pool of blood that kept on increasing by the second.  Rah's heaving body kept spilling blood from her mouth and all everyone could do was watch as the Legendary Rah, the most beautiful assassin of Bido Kingdom, die. 

When Rah fell forward, into her own pool of blood, Light flew up to the platform and felt her wrist for a pulse.  When he didn't find any, he called Shadow the winner for the first round.  

Shadow was given a chance to rest as they cleaned up the platform.  Rah's friends took her off stage as other people cleaned up the bloody mess on the platform floor.  

"What did she say to you?"  Skylark asked Shadow.  "What were her last words?"  

"None of your business."  Shadow said as she wiped down her sword.  "None of any one of your business." 

Seeing her foul mood Skylark kept to himself once more.  

When the platform was cleaned off completely, Shadow walked up to the platform waiting for her second opponent to be drawn so they could fight the eliminating team fight.  Light went over to the Dark Condor box and pulled out a slip.  

Silence descended around them as Light read the name.  

"One." Light called out.  

One stood up from his seat and everyone watched as the best assassin from Dark Condor walk up the stage slowly.  His bright red hair reflected the sun, making his messy long hair look like flames dancing in the wind.  His piercing blue eyes was ice cold from all the lives he took.  As he moved, he moved smoothly and with a purpose, as if he was stalking Shadow.  As if Shadow was his prey and he, the predator.  

They both bowed to each other once before Light blew on a whistle and retreated.  One was named 'one' for a reason.  He was number one because he didn't hesitate.  He never faltered.  Never questioned himself and his abilities. He believed in his strength and trained hard, every day to ensure his livelihood.  

So when the whistle was blown, One made his move.  He had already set up a trap underneath Shadow the moment he stepped on to the platform.  All he had to do was infuse his qi into his trapped cage and the trap would be initiated.  

His qi traveled underneath the ground and within a breath that Shadow took.  She felt a strong force holding her still.  As if a qi force held her body down and still so she couldn't move.  The moment she knew she couldn't move, she knew it was the end of her life.  All she could do is watch her death come to her as One walks slowly towards her.  Her death in the palm of his hands as he pulls out his sword and watches as the light reflected off of it for a second, blinding her.  

No matter how much she struggled and no matter how much she wanted to scream, she couldn't get out of the trap that One had set up for her.  She could only watch and pray that he'll give her a quick death. 

One walks up to Shadow and they too have a couple of words that only they could hear.  The audience tries to listen to their conversation, however with Shadow and One whispering, no one heard them talk.  Not even Light and the other contestants for the duel.  

After a few words, One nods his head and with one smooth arch, his sword cuts through Shadow's head, beheading her in one swift and smooth strike.  Her head rolls down to the platform as her blood gushes out of her neck, stain the platform floor again.  One bows towards the dead body once more before taking his leave of her and off the platform to let the workers clean the dirty platform again.  

******************

Due to my now busy life, I can only promise to publish one story a day (on a good day maybe two). I'll publish more if I can.  Sorry for not being able to publish multiple chapters a day like I use to, but do to my life circumstances, one chapter a day is all I can commit to right now. As always, thanks for all the love and support! -ptd