Seven Peak Mountain (4)

Hongmo, Vixen and Nightmare left early the next day into the first peak of the mountain.  They had turned in early after last night's incident and didn't want to cause more trouble for the owner of the inn.  When they left, the proprietor of the inn gave them a discount on their rooms.  Apparently the man that Hongmo killed had been harassing her maids and they weren't able to do anything towards the man because of his association with the Thunder Condor Squad.  

With Hongmo taking care of the man, they no longer had to serve him ever again.  So the proprietor gave them a 20% discount for their stay in the inn and told them that they were always welcomed to stay there.  

They have decided to leave their horses in the inn and walked into the forest by foot.  Vixen lead the three of them into the first peak, walking not on the trail that was warn down with constant traffic, but through the forest where wild plants grew abundant and wild beasts feast on.  The three of them would stop, should Hongmo find a particular plant that she needed and they would stop when they faced a wild beast.  

As they fought the wild beast, Hongmo would stand a way from the fight and watch as the two of them work together to dispatch the beast and share the soul core between the two of them.  They traveled with a constant ease while still being vigilant towards their surroundings. After three days in the dense forest, the three of them fell into a rhythm and understanding which made the travel easy for them.   

It was on the forth day that they ran into the first group of men that they saw since they entered the Seven Peak Mountain and the first troubling situation that cause Hongmo to revel her martial skills.  

They had reached the first waterfall since they entered and had taken a break from their travels to wash up and rest.  While Hongmo and Vixen swam with their undergarments on in the lake, Nightmare cleaned himself up and decided to fish down the stream to keep watch and give them time to clean up and enjoy themselves.  

Hongmo got out first and changed her clothing while Vixen still wanted to swim some more.  Hongmo decided to look for the Mystic Night plant.  While Hongmo looked around the waterfall Vixen talked and talked about her life.  What Vixen hated the most in life is silence so she filled it with her voice.  

Hongmo found what she was looking for growing within the cracks of the stone wall from behind the water fall.  As Hongmo harvested the plant, she was so concentrated on it that she didn't notice when the silence overtook Vixen's chattering.   It wasn't until she held the Mystic Night plant in her hands that the sound of the waterfall was all she heard. 

Hongmo quickly and gently wrapped the precious plant and stuffed it into her bag.  She came out from behind the waterfall and listened to her surroundings as her eyes searched the pool of water they just swam in.  Upon hearing nothing and seeing nothing, Hongmo quickly made her way to Nightmare's position.  But she slowed down as she heard several men taunt her friends.  Hongmo jumped into the tree closest to her and from one tree to the next, she traveled towards them.  Upon seeing ten men and her friends tied down and kneeling, her blood roared with anger as two men held Nightmare as another man punched him.   As for Vixen, she too was tied up and held her down as she knelt.  Her cries for them to stop were ignored as the rest of the men cheered and encouraged for the man to continue his hitting.  

"This is what you get for messing with the Thunder Condor Squad!"  The man said with ever punch.  "It's your fault that Danny died!  He died without even having the chance to reincarnate!  His spirit was wiped off the face of the world without an ounce of mercy!"  

"You hit like a little bitch!"  Nightmare taunted as his face flew back from the impact of the hit.  "You're just mad that your friend made a mistake that he paid for and your elders couldn't afford to offend the Godly Poison Expert!"  

"You still like to talk even though you're surrounded and tied up."  The man said.  

"I can talk back because you and you're Squad are nothing but weak bitches that can't throw a decent punch to save your life."  Nightmare told them.