Master Teacher (3)

When Hongmo alighted the carriage after Asano, her eyes met the warmest brown eyes she ever saw.  The old man had white hair and a white beard, the look of a knowledgeable and worldly sage.  His white robe fluttered with the wind as his relaxed yet alert body, stood tall and unmoving.  His aura felt calming, however Hongmo could tell how deadly the Master Teacher really was.  He control on his qi aura was so great, that he made others feel safe in his presence when he could so easily kill everyone.  One look and she knew he was at peak Noble Phoenix Martial Stage.  

Hongmo stepped slightly bowed towards the Master Teacher, acknowledging his status.  

"Hongmo, this is Master Teacher Sano Sune.  Teacher, this is Du Hongmo."  Asano introduced them to each other.  

"Welcome!  Come in.  Come in!  Thank you for agreeing to come visit this old one!  Come in!"  Sano said as he waved them in and led the way inside the courtyard and made their way through the flower garden to the koi pond where the gazebo was.  Tea, fresh fruit and snacks have been prepared for his guests as several maids and guards stood inside the gazebo.  "I have a humble home, do make yourself comfortable."  

Humble home!  Hongmo thought to herself.  It's more luxurious than her home at the moment.

Hongmo kept quiet as she let Master Teacher Sano speak on and on about useless topics to fill in the void of silence that she was more use to.  

When they reached the gazebo, Hongmo sat down in an opened seat as Asano sat to her right.  Sano sat in front of her and hot tea was immediately poured for them.  

"We're just waiting for Doctor Gu to arrive."  Sano said cheerily.  "You do remember Doctor Gu?"  

"Of course."  Hongmo told them as she sipped on the tea.  She felt a slightly bitter taste to the tea and the Goryo became alert.  

"They put the Silver Tongue elixir in your tea. The Silver Tongue elixir makes you speak only the truth.  They must have lined your teacup with the elixir and poured the sweet tea to hide the bitterness of the elixir.  That crafty fox is trying to make you talk and spill out all your secrets!"  The Goryo shouted.  "Play along for the moment and see what he wants to find out.  Lie if you have to. Keep drinking the tea, no elixir or poison will harm you, as long as I am here, you won't get affected."   

Hongmo drank the rest of the tea and couldn't see any changes to Sano or Asano's actions.  They drank their tea as well, as if they didn't know that the Silver Tongue elixir was in her cup.  

"You should try these pastries, my cook use to work at the palace and knows great recipes that complements this tea."  Sano said he pushed a plate towards her.  

Hongmo grabbed a cookie and placed it on her plate, but didn't eat it, instead she drank the tea while staring at Sano.  She emptied the cup and asked for more.  

"This tea is sweet and fragrant, what is it?"  Hongmo asked.  "It's exactly to my liking."  

"Ah!  You know great tea when you drink it! It is the first batch of spring floral green tea from the mountains of Haime.  I know the owner of the tea farm and he sends me the first batch every spring.  I will give you some as a gift to thank you for coming here."  Sano said with a smile as he waved his servants to go do his bidding.   "Ah, here is Doctor Gu!  Right on time!"  

Doctor Gu walked up to them and bowed.  

"Sorry for being late."  Doctor Gu said. "I had a patient to take care of."  

Hongmo studied the bumbling doctor.  His messy clothes and messy salt and pepper hair was the first thing everyone saw.  However, his eyes was clear and held intelligence to them.  His bumbling actions was just an act.  Just like Master Teacher Sano's calm and relax demeanor was also a cover for his true nature and character.  These two people in front of her were dangerous.  She had somehow gotten herself into something bigger and more dangerous than she knew or thought about.  

"Haha!"  Sano laughed.  "No worries.  No worries!  You are a busy doctor after all!"  

They laughed as Doctor Gu drank the hot tea to quench his throat.  "Miss Hongmo!  It is great to see you again.  How have you been?"  

"I am okay."  Hongmo told them.  

"And your new home? Do you like it so far?"  Doctor Gu asked.  

"So far so good.  The bare courtyard around my house will be filled with a grove of cherry blossom trees and plum blossom trees.  A small herb garden and a flower garden will be planted as well.  I have plans for an open, two story pagoda to be built."  Hongmo told them.  "The work around my house is coming along nicely."  

"Sounds wonderful!"  Sano said as he clapped his hands.  "How peaceful and tranquil your home will be! How fragrant the air around your home would smell!  Just thinking about it brings me great joy!  I've never heard of a home in the city of Obe to plant a grove of cherry blossom trees and plum blossom trees!  How original and inventive!"    

Truth was, Hongmo wanted the tree grove because it would be harder for anyone to kill her should they come after her in her home.  She would use the grove to play hide and go seek with them and would sneak up on them and kill them from the shadows.  It also helps hide her movements from above, from those who want to keep an eye on her.  

"Thank you."  Hongmo said.  "I just love cherry blossoms and plum blossoms!"  

Asano's eyebrow twitched.  He looked at her and wondered what was wrong with her.  She was revealing more about herself so freely.  She was not one to do so.  Why is she doing so now?