City Of Obe (4)

As quickly as the qi pressure came over him, it left just as quickly, leaving him gasping for breath. 

"You seek death!"  He yelled as he pushed himself up.  "Show yourself if you're not a coward!" 

"It is you who is seeking your own death."  Hongmo said.  Her voice echoed deeper within the room, making everyone shiver with fright.  "If you want to see me, you will see your death upon my blade. Do you still want to see me?" 

The man became scared at her words, but he stilled his heart.  He was Skylark Harper, he was the fearsome Skylark the Spear.  The top five best assassins in the Blood Moon, hell in Bido Kingdom.  How could he just let a ghost push him around.  

"I suggest you sit down and shut up or you'll regret your decision."  Doc told him.  "Ghost will shed your blood, make no mistake about that."  

Skylark hesitated, but he complied to Doc.  He sat down in the chair he occupied before and wiped the blood on his mouth and chin with his sleeve.  He stared hatefully at the people who stared at him before they looked away.  

"Lets get back to the reason why we are all here.  Not only are we here to witness the coronation of King Asano, but we are also here to ensure that our Blood Moon Organization is as strong and as powerful as our reputation.  After the Coronations of King Asano, Dark Condor has issued a duel.  Their best five against our best five.  Who ever wins, gets second place. I am not happy at the moment of your laziness and lack of motivation to kill the targets we were hired to do.  This is an assassin organization, so go assassinate!  Those that have not lifted a finger in the last two months, either pick up a target tonight or there's the door.  Blood Moon only accepts the best and keeps the best."  

No one in the room moved as the silence covered them.  They looked at each other, seeing if anyone would leave, but with Ghost showing up to the meeting, they knew that if they joined Dark Condor, they would lose.  

"So now that we are all on the same page,  Skylark, Nightmare, BP, Vixen, Ghost.  The five of you will represent our Blood Moon Organization in this duel."  

Vixen raised her hand and stepped forward, "Master Mace, I will have to ask you to take me out of this duel." 

"And why is that?"  Mace asked, he was slightly angry at his assassins laziness already and now she asked to be taken out of the duel, which made him even more angry.  

"I'm pregnant."  Vixen said out loud.  

Everyone cheered and congratulated her, "Who's the lucky father!" Everyone asked one by one.

"Who else could it be, but me!" BP announced as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

Everyone cheered louder as they patted BP on the back and congratulated the couple.

"When's the wedding?" Maced asked as he smiled at them.

"Soon, we haven't really talked about the marriage date yet." BP said.

Everyone cheered louder at them as Mace signaled the waitresses to hand out a cup of wine to everyone in the room.

"Cheers!" Mace said as he raised his cup. "To BP and Vixen, in their friendship, in their love and in their soon to be family. May the Gods watch over you and bless you with a safe delivery and healthy child."

"Cheers!" Everyone called out at once.

Mace raised his hands to quiet everyone down. "Now that Vixen is excused out of the duel, who would take her place?"

"I will." Shadow said as she confidently stepped forward. This was her chance to become a legend. Her kill count was steady for the past year and the targets she taken on were also increasing with difficulty with every month. She was confident in her abilities and wanted to confirm with herself that she was just as strong as the legendary assassins of Bido Kingdom.

When no one else spoke up, Mace nodded his head to let her replace Vixen.

"Then it's decided. Skylark, Shadow, Nightmare, BP and Ghost." Mace said to them. "Everyone is dismissed, those five meet me in my inner office."

As people started leaving they congratulated BP and Vixen again. BP and Vixen beamed brightly at the well wishes and Doc walked Vixen home, while the five of them made their way to Mace's inner office.