Seven Peak Mountain (6)

The three of them decided to stay in the forest for a couple more days before making their way back to the royal city.  They had turned around and on their way back to the Seven Peak Inn, they ran into the second reinforcements from the Thunder Condor Squad that was sent out to find their people.  

After Vixen came back changed and with her belongings, Hongmo had already sprinkled the white powder over the bodies after searching them of their valuables and turned the bodies into ashes.  No trace of their corpses would be found.  

The second group of Thunder Condor assassins were running towards them at such a speed that alarmed the three of them.  

"Wolves!  Storm wolves!"  One of the men from the Thunder Condor Squad shouted as he passed by.  "Run!"  

The three of them turned away from the group and ran a different direction, not wanting to be caught up with the other group.  But to their horror, the storm wolves caught their scent and split up.  A smaller group of storm wolves ran after Hongmo, Vixen and Nightmare as the larger group followed the 20 Thunder Condor assassins.  

After infusing their qi into their feet to out run the storm wolves, they were running for 30 minutes before they came to a clearing.  In the clearing they three of them stopped to face the storm wolves together.  

10 storm wolves ran through the forest line and quickly attacked.  Hongmo pulled out her sword by her side for the first time and fought the storm wolves with her strength.  Keeping up with Vixen and Nightmare as they fought the storm wolves.  Hongmo held two  wolves back, fighting them all at once.  With her needles on the other hand, she poisoned the wolves and they soon saw the wolves fall down one by one as the poison activated.  

In the end, five wolves died because of her poison needles, Vixen killed two wolves, Nightmare killed two wolves and Hongmo killed one wolf.  If it wasn't for her poison needles that she threw at the wolves, there would have been a bigger catastrophe that would have befallen them. 

"You know how to fight?!?"  Vixen said as she gutted the storm wolves for their soul cores.  

"Yes."  She admitted.  

"You could have helped us kill those beasts all this time, but stayed back instead!"  Vixen stated.  

"Yes, I did.  I'm not the one who came here to Seven Peak Mountain to train!"  Hongmo told them.  

"True."  Vixen pouted as she realized the truth.  "You just came here for plants...  but it would have been nice if you helped out once in a while." 

"And have your training be easier?  That won't help either of you in your training."  Hongmo told her.  "And besides, I did help you, did you forget about what happened at the waterfall?"  

Vixen laughed at Hongmo's statement and went back to cutting the other storm wolves for their soul cores.  

"I can never win against you!"  Vixen said as she smiled.  "You always find some way to always be right."  

"It's because I'm always right!"  Hongmo told her.  "Or I would have admitted my mistake and apologized right way."  

"How should we split these soul cores up?"  Vixen asked.  

"You guys can have it.  I have no need of them."  Hongmo told them.  

"But... I feel like it would be cheating you out of your hard work."  Vixen told her.  

"Then by me a drink at the Inn and we can call it even." Hongmo told her.  

"Sounds like a plan!"  Vixen agreed as she stuffed five soul stones into her bag and gave the two in her possession to Nightmare.