Ghost (2)

Everyone listened intently and no one moved as they listened. Just in case they drew Ghost's attention to themselves.

"You also dare to claim the kill to The Whip?" Ghost said as the direction of Ghost's voice changed. Everyone's heart clenched tight as it seemed to be closer to them.

"I lied! I lied about everything." The man said as he fell down on his knees to beg Ghost for mercy. "I lied about everything!"

The two guards who stood beside him stepped far away from him. They didn't want to be any where near him should Ghost attack.

"Who put you up to it?!" Ghost asked.

"I-I..." Hal cried.

"You better tell the truth. Because we can do it two ways. I can either give you mercy and kill you fast and painless. Or I can kill you slow and painfully?" Ghost said. "I personally hope you choose the second option. It'll make you the example of what I'll do to those who want to claim to be me. The Elders of the Thunder Condor Squad will bare witness to my talents with the art of killing. They'll let everyone know, just how lethal I am."

Everyone shivered in fear as they listened to the voice and it's words. The Ghost was crazy, not in the right mind. The Ghost didn't play by their rules so they didn't know what to expect.

"T-the D-dead S-spy!" Hal confessed. "T-they paid m-me m-money to c-claim t-to b-be G-g-ghost. S-said if I d-did, I-I would be f-f-feared b-by e-everyone. S-said G-ghost w-was just a f-fake p-person. Didn't e-exist. M-made up by Blood Moon."

"Continue." Ghost ordered.

"T-they said I j-just have to c-claim the kill of T-the Whip to make G-ghost's reputation grow s-stronger and louder. Said t-that everything would b-be alright since n-no one claimed the k-kill." Hal said as tears fell down his face.

He had already peed in his pants in fear. He cursed himself for his stupidity, his luck and his greed to become the best assassin in Bido Kingdom. He wanted all the fame and none of the work. So when he arrived to the royal city of Obe, he joined the first assassin organization he saw and that was The Dead Spy. The Ghost already had a fearsome reputation, but no one knew who this Ghost was and how he looked like. Since that was the case, Hal took the opportunity to claim himself as the Ghost, claiming the name, the fear, the power and the reputation that came with the name Ghost.

"Stand." Ghost ordered. "I'll give you a quick death."

Hal cried out louder. He didn't believe he could have such a cursed fate. He came from the coast, the third son of a fisherman, the most talented martial fighter in his coastal village. He didn't want to be a fisherman like his father and brothers. He wanted to be rich and live in luxury. He wanted to be surrounded by beautiful women and spend gold to his hearts content. He wanted to be the strongest, fastest and scariest assassin and have his name become a legend. He wanted to become the best assassin in the Bido Kingdom and let his name ring from coast to coast and show his family that his dreams weren't foolish. Only now did he finally realize, just how foolish his dreams were.

"What is your name?" Ghost asked. "Where did you come from?"

"H-hal Tipton." Hal said. "From the village of Sea Stone."

"Hal Tipton of Sea Stone. Your soul is mine."

Everyone watched in horror as Hal stood up slowly. His knees shaking and knocking together. Tears fell down his face as his sobs came out louder. There was a quick red flash of light mixed with killing intent before, everyone screamed when they saw a dark arm penetrate Hal's body. It held Hal's still beating heart in it's hand. Hal had died instantly, as his blood splattered forward, towards the Elders and Mace. His face froze in place as he died, not knowing how he died.

Ghost pulled her hand back through the hole she made in his chest and as he fell forward, everyone saw a silver light flash and Hal's head rolled forward, falling down to the ground before his body fell limply down to the ground. Everyone had found their hands holding the handle of their sword for comfort.

Everyone tried to look at the spot where Hal and the Ghost stood, but they couldn't see anything.

"Anyone questioning who I am?" Ghost asked as her voice surrounded everyone. "Or do I need to show you some more examples?

 "I think they got the idea."  Mace answered.  He too felt the same fear everyone did.  He has never seen Hongmo in action.  Only knowing how scary and strong she is, he never seen her kill anyone before.  Seeing this other side to her made him feel closer to her.  She too had a darker side to her that attracted him to her.  That made him want to get to know her better.  "I told you, how scary Ghost can be. Now, do you regret meeting Ghost?" 

Elder Chen coughed to clear his throat.  He did regret asking to meet Ghost.  The name Ghost did live up to the new legend that has started running rampant among the citizens of Bido Kingdom. The qi pressure suddenly disappeared, which made everyone sigh with relief.  Those that were on their knees before slowly got up to stand.  They still had a job to do.  

"Yes, well...what shall we do about The Dead Spy?"  Elder Tan asked, bringing them back to the discussion and away from the Ghost.  

"Parley?"  Mace asked. 

"It's too late to parley."  Elder Chen said as he fixed his robe tighter around himself.  "Besides our witness to their crime is dead."  

"Then what do we do?"  Elder Tan asked.  "What shall our next steps be?"  

"Payment."  Mace said.  "Sina hasn't paid me back for the offense his men cause in my tea house. I think its time for him to pay up."  

"Well that settles your score, but what about ours?"  Elder Tan said out loud.  

"We'll give you three days to make Sina pay you back, once those three days are gone, The Dead Spy will say dead."