Goodbye (9)

On the twentieth day of King Asano's reign, it was announced to the Kingdom of Bido, that he died at the hand of assassins from the Blood Moon Organization.  As quickly as the announcement was read, all the assassins and elders from Blackmist and Dark Condor broke into The Crimson Light Tea House and dragged Mace and Thorne out and into the streets.  Without a trail, the two men were killed in the middle of the square and their dead bodies were left there so everyone could throw food at their dead bodies.  

Queen Masa had quickly taken over control of the throne and taken Mace's estate away from his family.  His family and servants were killed within their beautiful estate as she watched her imperial soldiers burn his estate down into ashes.  Her heart hurt for the loss of her King Husband, but she couldn't show any weakness.  Her sorrows and tears would have to wait.  It would only been seen by her and no one else.  She had a country to run and a future King to worry about.  She was six months pregnant and held the rightful ruler of Bido Kingdom inside of her.  

General Lei and General Fong Lei was awarded the highest honor for bringing King Asano's body back to the royal palace.  Along with his body, they brought the bodies of the assassins, BP, Vixen, Doc and Nightmare.  Queen Masa ordered General Lei and General Fong Lei to burn the bodies, however instead of burning the bodies, they gave Doc and Nightmare the antidote to Night Moon Poison and a change of clothes before they went their own way.  Parting and hoping to never see each other ever again.  He secretly exchanged the five bodies with unidentified bodies and burnt those corpses instead. With the help of General Lei's personal soldiers, they took BP and Vixen's bodies back to his estate to be buried.  

Inside the General's estate, Hongmo held baby Lihua in her arms, cooing the girl to sleep.  When both Generals came quietly into the study she handed the baby girl over to them to hold.  

"When will we get to see the girl again?"  General Lei asked as he saw the snake poison marking on the baby's neck.  He touched the snake marking over and over, wishing it rubbed off with every swipe.  

"I have instilled into Lihua part of my life force, the poison King Asano used contaminated her dantian and have corrupted it.  With my life force, it helped contain and dispel the poison, however her body is now poisoned marked."  Lihua told them the truth as she stared at the two Generals.  "I will take care of Lihua for five years and bring her back on her fifth birthday.  She will be my student and I will teach her my ways.  She will be the fiercest, meanest, most efficient poison assassin.  No one would be able to hurt her ever again.  No one would be able to mess with the Lei Clan when I'm done teaching her.  When I send her back to you, you will keep your promise and treat her well.  No one other than the two of you will know her true identity.  You will raise her for five years and on the day she turns ten, I will come back for her and teach her my ways.  I will send her back when she is ready.  Should anything bad befalls onto her or should she suffer one bit under the hands of your wives, children, or servants, I will annihilate the whole Lei Clan." 

Hongmo said as she stepped towards them.  The two fearsome Generals who have fought since they were 10 years old and have fought in many battles and killed many men, shrunk back in fear as the woman who's name could only be whispered in fear that she'll show up, took hold of baby Lihua back into her arms.  "That I promise you." 

Hongmo tucked Lihua into her arms as she opened the window out into the dark courtyard.  "Bury them together."  Hongmo told them.  "So when I come visit, I can visit them at the same time. We'll tell her the truth, once she's old enough to defend herself." 

Hongmo's wings opened up and as quickly as the General's saw her wings, she disappeared before their eyes.  They ran to the window and looked up to the night sky.  However, they couldn't see anything, but the stars and moon.