Dark Condor (3)

One stood on stage as Light called out the second name from the Blood Moon box.  

"Ghost."  Light called out loud and clear.  

The already quiet crowd, became even more still as they watch the mysterious Ghost enter the stage.  She didn't walk up to the stage like everyone else.  Instead, Ghost opens up her red wings and flies up to the stage.  

Everyone gasps and cries out in surprise as the red phoenix wings unfolds itself and flaps.  The beautiful red wings captivates them and draws their attention to the glossy, soft feathers.  The rumors of Ghost's monstrous powers and abilities were finally being witness by all that attended.  

With those wings, it finally convinced everyone that the woman who came to the duel as Ghost, was really the one and only, Ghost.  The monster who shook the whole Bido Kingdom with only her name.  

Ghost flew over the platform and hovered on top of the stage, not letting herself touch the floor of the platform.  She saw how Shadow was caught in the trap and didn't want to be One's second victim.  

"It is finally good to put a face to a terrifying name."  One said as he gathered his strength.  He already knew, deep in his soul that he would not survive the fight.  He knew he would die by her hands the moment her name was called.  It was his fate to die in this duel and he accepted it whole heartedly.  Dying by Ghost's hand would be an honor.  

"And how does my face live up to my terrifying name?"  Ghost asked him.  

"You're everything I imagined you would be.  Terrifying in every sense. "  One admitted to her.  "It is my honor die by your hands."  

"Any last words?" Ghost asked.  

"Only these."  One said as he flew close to Ghost to whisper to her his last words.  

What they were, no one knows.  For no one could hear their conversation.  Just like how Rah and Shadow talked before Rah died.  And how Shadow and One talked before Shadow died.  And now, One and Ghost talked before One died.  

After their quick exchange between each other, there was a quick light that pierced through One's body.  His blood sprayed along with the light and One fell to his knees instantly.  The light in his eyes became dull and nonexistent within one breath.  One moment he was a live and the next he was dead.  He felt no pain when he died.  It was an instant death.  One given to him in mercy and respect.  

Ghost flew up and went back to the Blood Moon side and hovered next to Nightmare and BP.  Both of them stood still and tall, not letting it show just how much her instant kill bothered them.  

Skylark had to take several steps away from Ghost.  His knees buckled and locked every time he took a step away from the three of them.  Upon seeing just how deadly Ghost is, he started counting his luck stars for not offending her more than he already had.  He also thanked his ancestors for watching over him and prayed that they would keep on guiding him on a path that did not cross Ghost ever again.  

When the stage was clean once more, Ghost flew up on to the platform and hovered above the floor.  Light had already drawn the name for her next opponent and had read it. 

"Three."  Light said crisply.  

Three's petite body jumped on to the platform and walked towards Ghost like a feline.  Her body swayed side to side, drawing attention to her round hips and globe butt. 

"I forfeit."  Three said.  "I value my life more than an order from the organization. I will take responsibility for my words and actions as I renounce my status and membership to the Dark Condor."  

Then with one hand, she pushed all her qi energy into her right hand and punches herself on her center dantian.  Crushing her qi core.  She made herself into a useless trash.  She killed her own cultivation because she didn't want to die.  Because she couldn't follow through with the organization's orders.  Because she chose life.  

Everyone stood still as they watched her in horror and in awe as she made her decision.  Everyone knew the only way to leave an assassin organization was to either become so strong and powerful that no one could even think about killing you.  Or you kill your own cultivation with your own hands.  Only then you would be able to leave the life of an assassin behind.  

Three bows to Ghost and then to Light before walking off stage.  They watch as Three, who had worked hard for the past 15 years to become the top three in the House of the Dark Warhammer end her career in an instant.  One must posses a strong heart and a solid foundation to crush one's own cultivation with their own hands.  

Three walked out of The Gates of Siri without looking back.  She held her head up high, her back straight and her footsteps were strong and steady.  Three never looked more magnificent than she did in that moment.  Three left everyone with a beautiful memory of her legend.