Mysterious Hongmo

During the day, she spent the time talking to Blake and Billy about landscaping the courtyard and buying the plants needed to fill up the courtyard.  She also commissioned a blacksmith to forge her a double sided sword and four daggers.  She also updated her home and the servant's home by hiring builders to expand the servant's home and building a pagoda.  

In the end, she wanted to plant a grove of cherry blossom trees and plum blossom trees in the front courtyard then extend in a single file line on the perimeter on the side of the house, while in the back of the courtyard would also be filled with the cherry blossom trees and plum blossom trees.  A single pathway from the gates to the house would be the only way to enter her quarters.  Directly behind her house would be a herb garden.  A small flower garden would be between the main house and the servant's house.  Inside the flower garden would be a newly built two story pagoda with no walls or doors.  Bamboo mats would be used as walls should she need to block the sun or wind.  

The servants were happy to see their sad and bare home become into a beautiful place to live in.  Just talking about the plans got them excited . They have never seen a house like she described before.  They all were talking at once when Asano walked in.  The moment he did, the group of servants quieted down and stared at his large frame.  

"I knocked but no one answered.  The gate was opened so I came inside.  I hope I'm not intruding, but we are scheduled to have a lesson today."  Asano said as he tried to look over the drawings on the table.  But Hongmo had gathered them together and placed them inside a folder.  

"It's our fault for forgetting the time."  Hongmo said.  "Billy you go out and order what we need.  Natalie, why don't you go boil some tea for our guest so we can start our lesson for today."  

"Of course, Miss."  Billy and Natalie said as they left the receiving quarters.  

The lesson for that day went by fast as Natalie came in several times to refill the tea and the snacks.  By the end of the lesson, Blake and Blair's head wanted to explode from all the knowledge they just learned.  They had a headache, but they didn't want to give up on the education at their Mistress was providing for them.  They excused themselves the moment the lesson was over to help their father with the plans for the house, leaving Hongmo and Asano alone.  

Asano sat beside her as she finished the homework that was given.  The whole time Asano watched her carefully.  He wanted to figure her out.  She never said anything unless spoken to.  His gaze didn't bother her.  She had a mission to finish her homework and didn't care for his stare.  He was just looking, there was no harm in it.  

"How is it that a maiden such as yourself, is living alone, by yourself?"  Asano asked.  

"I don't live by myself.  The Fei's are living with me."  

"The Fei's are your servants.  What I mean is where are your parents?"  

"Dead."  

"And your family?  You must have Uncles and Aunts that can take you in."  Asano asked.  "For a young maiden to live by yourself, without protection is unheard of."  

"Dead."  Hongmo said as she finally looked up from her homework to look at him. "They're all dead."  

Asano's heart suddenly tugged at her confession.  She was alone not because she wanted to, but because she was forced to.  Somehow he felt sorry for asking about her family.  She held on to her cold mask as she answered him.  She didn't let herself feel sad for their deaths which caused him to want to care for her even more.  

"Besides, why do I need the protection of a man? Why can't I protect myself?  Why can't I live by myself? Why do I need a protection of a man or the protection of a family to live my life?"  

"Society."  Asano tells her.  

"Fuck society."  Hongmo said before she refocused and went back to her homework.  "Who cares what others say about you.  As long as my conscious is clean.  That's all that matters to me."  

Asano smiled as he listened to her.  Her way of thinking was surprising to him.  He never met anyone who didn't care about what other's think. The way she thought entertained him.  No wonder she didn't act like the other women when they first met each other.  His interest in her grew.  

"Where are you from?"  Asano asked.  

"Why are you so interested in me?"  Hongmo asked.  "You're my Teacher, not my keeper."  

Asano's anger lit up at her rudeness.  

"My intentions were only to get to know you."  Asano told her.  

"Really?  Then care to explain to me why you lied to me?  Why you lied to gain entrance to my home and make your way into my life? Why you have three names you go by?  Teacher Saito?  Or was it Prince Asano?  Or should I call you The Lone Wolf?"  Hongmo asked as she leaned back into her seat.  "What are your plans for the throne?  Are you pretending to not care for the throne, while making moves behind everyone's backs while your Prince Brothers are causing scenes and making their play in public?  While along, you're the true Prince who has already gathered all the power from the throne and your Prince Brothers are only playing along in the story you already written for them?"  

Asano sat still.  Again the mysterious Hongmo have surprised him.  Never has he been so caught off guard before, by anyone.  

"Since you know so much about me and my Prince Brothers, what is more for me to say?" Asano said.  "Exactly who are you?  

"One look at you and I could guess who holds the real power in your royal family." Hongmo said as she finished her homework.  She gathered the papers and straighten them before she drank some tea.  "You're The Lone Wolf.  Your Prince Brothers think that as long as they get you on their side, they will win the throne, since you left a long time ago to join the army.  You wouldn't have gotten the name, The Lone Wolf.  If you haven't made any achievements and gain support.  From the rumors and stories of you and your royal family, I could guess what would happen should there be a change of crowns."  

"Observant are you?"  Asano said.  

"Don't care."  Hongmo said.  "How about we mind our own business for now on."  

Her uncaring attitude angered him, but it also wanted to make him pull her towards him and tie her to him.  The lost of her family was the reason why she pushed everyone away.  Why she wanted to be alone.  Why it was easier for her to be alone.  He could understand her uncaring attitude would drive people away from her.  

But he also saw her kind words she said to her servants and her kind actions that she showed towards them.  Asano stood up to leave, but he stopped at the door.  

"Since you're someone who is straight forward and doesn't like flowery words.  I'll put my cards on the table and admit to you who I am.  Teacher Saito, Prince Asano, The Lone Wolf.  They're all me.  Prince Asano Saito Atsuaki, The Lone Wolf. They are all me.  The reason why I'm here, is to figure out how you know about the Crimson Heart Poison and know how you know how to cure it." Asano said. "My teacher sent me after hearing about you curing Miss Rose from Doctor Gu.  Both of them were wondering about you, so my teacher sent me here."  

"Prince Asano doing the bidding of others?"  Hongmo said as she looked at Asano.  "I would have never guessed."  

"We all need teachers to learn and grow."  He said to her.  "Are you willing to meet my teacher?"  

"Do I have a choice?"  Hongmo asked.  

"I would like it to be your choice.  But sadly, sooner or later it won't be.  But I'm guessing sooner rather than later."  He told her honestly.  

"We can meet them the next time you come to teach us."  Hongmo said.  It would give her a day and a half of peace.  

"I'll tell them."  He said.  "Until then."  

Hongmo nodded as she stared at her hands.  She needed to keep her secrets closer to her. 

"Be careful."  The Goryo warned her.