Chapter 6 - Throwing Punches

Warning: This chapter contains small portions of self-medication. If that is in any way a trigger for you, read on with caution. If this poses a problem, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

 I sat in the corner of Stiles' bedroom, flipping through the hundredth page we'd printed out. The sky was just beginning to glow pink with the rise of the sun. Stiles and Scott had both fallen asleep about an hour ago, but I kept blinking my eyes awake. I tapped my finger against my leg, studying the blueprint of the bank while comparing it to the break-in report.

 Numerous papers, books, and newspaper clipping scattered the carpeted floor. The three of us searched all night to get every detail on how the robbery went through all those years ago, though we didn't have much luck. We needed all the information we could get if we wanted to pull this off, and if Heather really is locked in there with Boyd, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure we can rescue them. 

 My eyes kept drooping, begging for me to close them even for a moment. I couldn't do that, though. I had to stay awake and keep researching. I have to find Heather. I rubbed my fists into my eyes, but they were still groggy. Exhaustion was wearing my body down to it's last ounce of energy.

 I leaned my head back against the wall, mentally trying to push myself to stay awake. We'd gathered a lot of information throughout the night, but none of it told us how the robbers broke into the vault. We had to have this plan polished to perfection if we have any chance of rescuing Boyd, and possibly Heather, from the alphas.

 A small, orange pill bottle on Stiles' bedside table caught my eye. Holding my breath, I looked over at Stiles, who was fast asleep with his cute little butt sticking up in the air, then at Scott, who was passed out in a chair. I set the papers in my lap off to the side, slowly creeping to my feet. 

 It's wrong, I know it's wrong, but still I grabbed the pill bottle and opened the cap. I sucked in a breath at the sound of the pills against the bottle as I poured two into the palm of my hand. My eyes stayed on the two boys, but neither of them moved. I put the cap on and set Stiles' bottle of Adderall back on his side table where I had found it.

 I popped one of the pills in my mouth, forcing it down my throat with just my saliva. I stuffed the other one in my pocket for later. The medication may not even have an effect on me, with my abilities and all. I just had to try something to keep myself focused and awake. 

 Hopefully Stiles doesn't count his pills. The bottle says to take one to three a day, and as hyperactive as my boyfriend always seems to be I'm guessing he takes the minimum. He shouldn't miss just two pills. 

 I went back to my spot in the corner, blinking again as I shuffled through the papers. I continued to read and scribble down notes until a ray of sunlight completely illuminated the room. My hands shook as I wrote down the dimensions of the vault on my spare sheet of paper.

 "Guys," 

 I jumped, nearly throwing all of the papers out of my lap. Sheriff Stilinski opened up the door and stepped into the room. He held a coffee in his hand, something I could really go for right about now. The pills did help me to focus and stay awake, but the extra pick me up wouldn't hurt.

 "Time to get up," he said. Scott and Stiles didn't move a muscle, entirely consumed by sleep. The Sheriff glanced over to me, raising his eyebrows. "Boys, boys!"

 Finally, Stiles jerked awake. He pulled himself out of his position on the ground and I snickered at the piece of paper that had gotten stuck to his cheek. He ripped it off quickly as Scott nearly fell out of the chair he'd fallen asleep in.