Chapter 21 - Currents

I could hardly believe that Danny, of all people, was the one to give us the breakthrough we needed to find Emma. I snuck into his hospital room and dug through his stuff until I found a paper he had written for Harris' Physics class about telluric currents. Turns out he was really onto something.

 "Emma's gotta be at one of the six locations, but they're all over town," said Scott over the phone. "I don't know how we can get to all of them fast enough,"

 "Well we might not have to," I said, pacing back and forth outside the hospital. "Danny was doing a project on something for Mr. Harris' Physics class and I think it actually means something."

 "What project?" Scott asked,

 "It's on um..." I had to check the title of the paper again. "Telluric currents,"

 Scott paused for a moment. "Did you say currents?"

 "Yeah," 

 We hung up and I hurried to my jeep, driving as fast as possible to Emma's house, where we all agreed to meet. Scott's bike occupied the driveway, Lydia's car on the street. Eric was still with Derek, Isaac, and Boyd, following through with their plan for Kali's attack.

 Allison's father's maps were strewn out across the kitchen table as Scott, Cora, Lydia, and I all surrounded it. I examined Danny's paper further, re-reading the key parts that related most to our situation.

 "Okay, so what does some kid's homework have to do with finding Emma?" Cora asked.

 "Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields," I explained. "They flow through the earth, they can even be affected by lunar phases, alright? Now look at this, this is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal,"

 I pointed out the scrawl of red writing on the corner of the paper.

 "I strongly advise you chose another subject," read Lydia. "The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudoscience. Not suitable for class,"

 "Harris wasn't just a sacrifice," said Scott. "He knew something,"

 I grabbed the large map that had been stuffed between the pages of Danny's paper and laid it out on the table. "And check this out," I said. "Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map. Danny had one too,"

 I flattened out the map as Scott began placing out the pieces of Mr. Argent's map. 

 "Danny marked all the telluric currents," I said. "Kay, now the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon. I mean you wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through this earth is around this town,"

 "Stiles," said Scott. "Look, they match,"

 I looked down to see that he was right. Mr. Argent's maps where the same as Danny's. That means that they both knew something. Although, Danny's discovery may have just been a fluke, whereas Mr. Argent knew what he was figuring out.

 "Alright there's three places, right?" Scott asked, grabbing a pen and beginning to circle locations, including Emma's house and where her father's body was found. "The place where they're kidnapped and the place where their body was found,"

 "That's right on a telluric current," pointed out Lydia, referring to the places Scott had marked. 

 "So maybe where she is sacrificed is somewhere in between," said Scott. 

 Gears were spinning in my head almost too fast to keep up. "Alright, let me see that," I grabbed the pen from Scott. "You said there's six more bodies to be found,"