Chapter 25 - According to Plan

I don't remember much from the drive to Derek's loft other than Stiles was entirely silent the whole ride there. I could see the tears glistening in his eyes from the headlights of passing cars and it made my chest hurt. It made me angry that someone made him feel this way. 

 We know that Derek's back in town, but I still have no idea where my brother is. He won't answer my calls or texts, and I didn't have time to ask Derek about it before Miss Blake arrived. He didn't even have time to marvel in the fact that I was even alive.

 Scott, Stiles, and I hid behind a wall when Miss Blake came into the loft. I held onto Stiles' arm, trying to give him some form of comfort. Although, it wasn't just for him. I needed his touch too. That dark feeling that I've managed to keep under wraps the past few days is emerging again. I can feel it. The anger and hatred I feel towards Miss Blake for killing Heather and Dad and now taking Stiles' father is too much for me to control. I want to kill her. I want it so bad that it physically hurts.

 "Something happened at the recital, at the school," Miss Blake was saying to Derek. I kept my eyes on Stiles, but his mind was elsewhere. "Okay I need to tell you it before you hear any of it from them,"

 "From who?" Derek asked.

 "Scott, Stiles, Emma," said Miss Blake, or Jennifer as I prefer to call her now. She's no longer considered my teacher. "They're gonna tell you things, things you can't believe. You have to trust me okay, you trust me."

 The sound of her voice was making my skin crawl. Everything about her just made me so unbelievably angry. I could feel that tingling sensation in my fingertips, the same one I had when I killed Brittany. It caused me to let go of Stiles' arm. I couldn't risk hurting him. 

 "What is it?" Derek asked. I knew he was playing dumb, trying to get her to believe that he was actually on her side. But she killed my father. Derek had a lot of respect for him. He won't let her get away with it.

 "Promise you'll listen to me?" Jennifer said. 

 "I promise," said Derek.

 Their voices fell silent but the air was filled by a loud crack of thunder, lightening coming in through the windows. The storm outside was getting worse, and it was making me nervous. Not just because storms are a bad omen, but because it felt like it was giving me power, like the fog had the day I killed Brittany. It felt like I was feeding off of it.

 "They're already here, aren't they?" Jennifer asked, her voice low. 

 Scott, Stiles, and I all stepped out from our hiding place behind the wall. My body quivered when I looked at her. I clenched my hands into fists, using every once of will power and goodness I have left in me not to kill her right then and there. 

 "So, they told you it was me?" Jennifer said. "That I'm the one taking people,"

 "We told him you're the one killing people," I spat. "People like my father,"

 "Oh, that's right," said Jennifer, giving a sarcastic smile. "Committing human sacrifices, while cutting their throats. Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour that way I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense,"

 "Where's my dad?" Stiles asked. The tears in his eyes weren't helping me control myself. His pain and his sadness were only strengthening the urge to just let it go and end her right now.

 "How should I know?" Jennifer asked. She looked back at Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this,"

 Derek's eyes flickered up past her head and towards us. I gave him a pleading look. He has to believe us. I don't care what relationship he has with her she is killing people. She killed my father. She made me an orphan.