Chapter 36 - The Mass Murderer

I pulled up next to Stiles in his jeep in our usual parking spaces at school the next day. He was smiling, almost a little too brightly, and it made me wonder what exactly kind of prank he pulled on Coach last night. He waved and I waved back, both of us getting out of our vehicles.

 "So," I began, grabbing my bag from the back and shutting the door. "Was Mischief Night a success?"

 He slung his arm around my shoulders and began walking us towards the school. "Well, you could have seen for yourself," he said, sending me a grin. "But now I guess you'll just have to wait,"

 "Ugh," I groaned, rolling my eyes and smacking his chest playfully with the back of my hand.

 I was still trying to recover from the state he left me in last night. I mean, what kind of teenage boy can start something like that and have the ability to walk away? I know Stiles, and I know that he's practically horny 24/7.

 As we walked I noticed three people a few feet ahead of us. Scott was standing in front of Ethan and Aiden, whom I still can't tell apart for the life of me. Although, I thought the twins weren't going to school anymore. So if they're here, they're here for a reason.

 I nudged Stiles and pointed out the conversation. A hard look crossed his face and he dropped his arm around my shoulders, storming up to the twins. I gave a soft sigh before following and standing in between him and Scott.

 "No, we're just here to talk," said Aiden -- I think -- as Stiles and I walked up to them.

 "Ah," said Stiles, sarcastically of course. "That's kind of a change of pace for you guys, seeing as though you're usually just hurting, maiming, killing,"

 "You need a pack," spoke Ethan, "and we need an Alpha."

 "Ha," said Stiles. "Absolutely not. That's hilarious though,"

 "You came to us for help and we helped," said Aiden. 

 "You beat his face into a bloody pulp," said Stiles flatly. I glanced awkwardly from him to Scott. "In my opinion that's actually counter-productive,"

 Scott did manage to let out his Alpha side in helping change Malia back, but whether or not Ethan and Aiden's little exercise was a factor in that, I don't know. But what I do know is their past, and it's not the kind Scott needs in his pack. In our pack.

 "Why would I say yes?" Scott asked.

 "We add strength," said Ethan. "We make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no,"

 I noticed Stiles widening and rolling his eyes next to me. I couldn't help but feel the same way. I folded my arms across my chest and stared the two of them down. They may scare a lot of people, but they sure as hell don't scare me.

 "What about that time you helped lower Boyd onto Derek's claws as Kali held him down? Remember that?" I said.

 "We were different then," said Aiden.

 "Different?" I exclaimed. "You helped kill an innocent boy, whether or not you were different shouldn't matter,"

 "And like you haven't killed someone innocent," snapped Aiden. 

 I couldn't help myself as I lunged towards them in anger. What I did to Brittany is something still too sensitive for me to think about, let alone have shoved back in my face. Besides, she was far from innocent. Her blue eyes spoke that for themselves.

 As I went to jump at them, however, a hand wrapped around my wrist, holding me back. When I looked down at it, I realized that it didn't belong to Stiles. Scott was giving me a look, the kind that made me shrink back and calm my anger.