Chapter 49 - Shadows

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked Peter.

 When we opened the door I was shocked to see blood and bruises all over his skin. His shirt was torn at the shoulder and I noticed three claw marks running down over to his back. He looked like an alley cat who'd just gotten into a fight.

 "Why don't you ask your brother?" Peter retorted, stepping inside with a slight limp.

 "Eric did this to you?"

 Peter cocked his head and looked at me. "If it was actually him I'm not so sure, but I do know that he tried to kill me."

 Eric had been acting really strange and off this morning. I should have known that something was up when we he left to go see Peter of all people. I just how no idea it would result in this. Although, there is some kind of joy in thinking about my brother beating Peter to a bloody pulp.

 "Well where is he now?" Scott asked. 

 "I don't know, and I don't care," said Peter. "He ran off when you called me."

 If Eric is acting like this then we need to find him before he hurts anyone else, but it's not like I can leave now and search. Right now we need to work on saving Stiles, so I just have to pray and have faith that the rest of my family is looking out for him.

 "Now, what is it exactly that you need?"

~

 "He doesn't look like he'd survive a slap across the face," said Peter, circling Stiles who was still positioned on the couch. His skin had gotten even paler and the bags under his eyes thicker. "Much less the bite of a werewolf."

 "You don't think it would work?" Scott asked as Peter crouched down in front of Stiles. 

 "This is more a war of the mind than the body," said Peter. Stiles' eyes followed every move he made. "There are better methods for fighting this battle."

 Stiles' head snapped to me, and I nearly had to grab onto Lydia to keep from falling over again. My whole body was still numb from being connected to the Nogitsune or whatever's happening to me. It doesn't surprise me one bit that once again I'm being taken advantage of, all for a little power.

 "What kind of methods?" Deaton asked. 

 Peter grabbed Scott's wrist and forced the claws out of his finger tips. Stiles raised his eyebrows as Peter held it in front of his face. He glanced to Scott and narrowed his eyes, as if challenging him to use them.

 "We're gonna get into his head," said Peter. 

  ✞ 

 "So, do we have a plan?" Deaton asked Peter as he and Lydia returned to the living room after he dragged her into the kitchen to speak privately.

 Peter nodded, leaning over the back of the couch. "Scott is gonna try and dig through pale and sickly Evil Stiles' mind to unearth pale and sickly Real Stiles, and guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious."

 I don't quite know how all of this is going to work, but right now it's the only option we have left. If the Nogistune really is using me to gain strength, with all the pain and chaos I've felt the past few days, it won't be long until he has enough power to get rid of Stiles' body. I can't let that happen.

 "But he's not going to do it alone," said Peter. 

 "What do you mean?" Scott asked.

 Peter's head slowly turned towards me. "Somebody needs to go in with you,"