Chapter 51 - Silence

“Lydia,” started Meredith, sitting on Scott’s bed. “You mean the red-haired girl,”

 "Yes! Yes, good, progress," exclaimed Stiles, who had been pounding his fists together while we tried getting something out of our new found banshee friend. "Now, all you've gotta do is tell us where she is,"

 I still don't know how this is going to work. Sure, Meredith is a banshee too and maybe that can help somehow, but if she's never met Lydia in her life, how is she supposed to find her? From what I know, a banshee's forte is finding dead bodies, not live ones.

 "Okay," said Meredith. "If she tells me,"

 Stiles, Issac, and I glanced at each other with confused expressions. "If - if she tells you?" Isaac questioned.

 Isaac and Stiles' eyes were both on me. Of course, I'm supposed to be the supernatural expert here. That's been my role all along, yet I've done a pretty crappy job at fulfilling it. Werewolves are my expertise, banshees...not so much.

 "Uh, can you ask her?" I said. I think I read somewhere that since banshee's have a hearing that goes beyond the natural world, they can communicate with each other.

 "I already did," said Meredith, a proud smile on her face. My eyebrows shot up in relief.

 "Perfect, perfect," said Stiles. "What'd she say?"

 "She said," Meredith paused, her eyes falling into her lap before looking back up at the three of us. "She's doesn't wanna be found."

 I let out a huff of air, turning away and shaking my head. I rubbed a hand over my face in frustration. I just want one freaking thing to go right for once. I want to find Lydia and sit back and watch as the Oni destroy the Nogitsune, and after that I want everything to be over. I want to have a semi-normal life for once.

 "That's good too," said Stiles, pounding his hands together again.

 Stiles was looking at me when I turned back around, his eyes big and pleading. I know that he wants to find Lydia just as much, if not more, as the rest of us. He feels like this whole thing is all his fault in the first place. I wish he could see that it's not. He couldn't control what got inside of him. I was in that power station too. It could have just as easily been me.

 "Would you uh, excuse us for a sec?" I asked Meredith. She nodded timidly and I grabbed Stiles and Isaac by the wrists, leading them over to the corner of Scott's bedroom. "What the hell do we do now?"

 "Let's just tie her up and say - "

 "No, Isaac, we are not going to torture her," said Stiles.

 "I mean scare her," said Isaac.

 "We're not going to psychologically torture her either," hissed Stiles. He and I looked at each other with wide and frustrated eyes. It's moments like these that remind me just who Isaac's Alpha was.

 "Fine," pouted Isaac.

 "Look, this isn't just anyone we're dealing with here," I started. "She's a banshee, obviously. So, maybe instead of interrogating her like she's human, we should help her solve this like a banshee."

 "Can you do that?" Stiles asked me.

 I looked over at Meredith, who was twiddling her thumbs on the edge of the bed. I don't know a whole lot about banshees, but I do know a lot about a certain one. I just wish Mom were here to help me, or at least her books were here. But, those were taken from me as well.