Chapter 23 - Locked In

"Arson," I said, shaking my head. "Why would anyone want to burn down my mother's office? No one besides you and Scott even know what's in there,"

 "Unless someone else did know," said Stiles.

 I groaned and flopped down onto my back on his bed. He came and sat down next to me, running his long fingers through my hair as I stared at the ceiling. The fire department had just confirmed with me that they believe the fire last night was set on purpose, but that doesn't make sense to me. That means that someone wanted the information in there gone, that someone had snuck into my house. 

 If someone really did try burning down my house, I won't rest until I find them. Stiles and I were both in there. Sure, I would have been fine, but Stiles could have been killed. That's a line you don't want to cross with me.

 "I just wish something could go right for once," I said.

 "Hey," said Stiles. I turned my head to the side to look at him. "You're still alive, aren't you?"

 "I shouldn't be," I muttered.

 Stiles leaned over, leaving only an inch of space between us. "But you are," he whispered.

 His lips grazed my shoulder blade, sending a chill up my spine I haven't felt in a while. Stiles and I haven't had much time for things like this, things like his tongue leaving wet kisses along my collarbone. I pulled him up to my mouth by the collar of his shirt, having enough of his teasing. 

 He threw a leg over my waist, straddling me. My hands snaked up the short sleeves of his flannel shirt and wrapped my legs around his thighs. I found myself getting lost in him, consumed by all that he is. 

 My hands combed through his hair, pulling at the roots as his lips traveled down my jaw and to my neck. He sucked lightly on the sweet spot he found a couple of months ago and my grip on his hair tightened so much I was surprised he didn't object. I clenched my teeth to suppress my moan. We both knew that the hickey I would get from this wouldn't matter. It was discovered long ago that those heal as well.

 "I miss this," I said, sucking in a sharp breath when Stiles removed his lips. He brought his face back up to mine, hovering just inches above me. The flecks of green in his eyes were glowing in this light.

 "Me too," he said. 

 Not even a second later his lips were back on mine. I needed this, we both did. Everything has just been moving so fast and we've hardly had time for each other. This is exactly the release I need when I begin to feel I'm going crazy. 

 His hands snaked up underneath my t-shirt, his long and skinny fingers rubbing circles onto the skin of my stomach. He left a trace of tingles with his touch. My hands roamed his back, loving the way they can always feel his muscles flex under them. 

 I was letting him massage my tongue with his own when the ringing of his phone broke us apart. I groaned as Stiles gave me an apologetic look, grabbing his phone from the nightstand. His eyes widened when he read the text on his screen and it caused my heart to race.

 "What is it?" I asked.

 "Lydia," he said.

 ☀

 "Where is she?" I asked, getting out of Stiles' jeep.

 Scott had pulled up next to us on his dirt bike. Right now, I was at the last place I wanted to be, but this is something we're obligated to take care of. Even if it does have to be at the ever so infamous Beacon Hills High School.