Chapter 39 - Painted

"This is incredible!" I said to Stiles over the loud boom of the music.

He nodded, his eyes scanning around the loft. If Derek ever found out about what's going on here right now he would flip. As much as I want him to come back, I really hope he doesn't pick tonight to make his return.

"Hey, isn't that Eric?" Stiles asked me, pointing out a body in the crowd.

I narrowed my eyes to where he was pointing, and sure enough there was my brother with his hands all over some girl in a lime green bandeau and a pink wig. His bare chest was painted with the neon colors, although some of it was rubbing off from how close he was dancing.

"Unbelievable," I said, shaking my head at my brother. I really didn't think that this was his kind of party, but he does deserve to let a little bit loose. Although, once I saw his mouth attach to her neck I knew it was time to move on. I grabbed Stiles' hand and drug him away. "Let's go get painted,"

I led him over towards the table in the corner where the supply of paint was. There were two artists doing the painting, but I wanted to do Stiles myself. I grabbed a brush and a tray full of all different colors before tugging at the hem of Stiles' shirt.

"Off," I ordered.

He yanked it back down. "No way, not in front of this many people,"

I cocked my hip and gave him a look. When he still didn't budge I set down the brush and tray and unzipped the hoodie I was wearing, tossing it off to the side. Underneath it I was wearing a slim white spaghetti strapped crop top that revealed my stomach, shoulders, and chest. It was glowing a blueish-purple from the UV lights.

"Your turn," I told him. The sound of my voice made him snap his mouth closed.

"You've seen me shirtless before,"

"And I wanna see it again," I begged, beginning to roll his shirt up from the bottom, revealing the line of hair on his stomach that led underneath the band of his jeans. "Come on, this is our night. Who cares what anyone else thinks?"

He let out a sigh and I smiled, knowing I had won him over. I pulled his shirt off over his head, tossing it on top of my hoodie. I ran my fingers along his bare skin, leaning in close so that our noses were nearly touching. I could feel his breath against my cheek, and just as he was about to kiss me, I dipped away and grabbed the brush and paint.

"You're evil," he said as I painted a long stroke of green across his chest.

"I'll make up for it later," I said into his ear.

His eyebrows shot up as I painted a swirl of orange next to the green. I've never been much of an artist, but with Stiles as my canvas, who knows what kind of masterpiece I'll create, not that he isn't one already. I then painted a tribal pattern on his face, not wanting to cover up too much of his chest.

Once I was finished, Stiles took the tray and brush and began working on me. It was oddly intimate, the way he was doing it. He was dotting my collarbone with paint, his eyes casually flickering up to meet mine every now and then. His movements were slow, and I found myself staring at his long eyelashes as he focused on painting my body.

I felt breathless when he moved his brush up to my face, drawing a curved line across the bridge of my nose. I watched his eyes as he then painted three more dots above my left eyebrow, the whites of them glowing from the black light. We both just stared at each other for a moment after he lowered his brush.

"How does it look?" I asked him, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Beautiful," he said. "I mean you - you look beautiful,"