Chapter 16 - Chaos

"Coach, it's five minutes for a bathroom break, okay?" Stiles said to Finstock at the front of the bus. "We've been on this thing for like three hours and - "

 He was interrupted by the blowing of Coach's whistle.

 "It's sixty miles to the next rest stop - "

 Tweet. He blew his whistle again. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

 "Being cooped up for hours is not good - "

 Tweet. I could smell Stiles' annoyance at this point.

 "You know our bladders aren't exactly - "

 Tweet.

 "Coach,"

 Tweet.

 "This is - "

 Tweet.

 "Can you - "

 Tweet.

 "Please, will you - "

 Tweet. Tweet. Tweet.

 "Let me talk!" 

 Coach laughed, and blew his whistle again. I swear this man is impossible. When Stiles went to speak again, he gave a long, drawn out blow right in his face. He was blowing so hard veins were showing on his forehead and for a moment I thought he could pass out.

 "Get back to your seat, Stilinski!" He yelled.

 "OKAY!" Stiles shouted back. He began making his way back towards Scott and I, but stopped as Finstock spoke again.

 "And Jared, keep your eyes on the horizon,"

 Stiles looked from Jared, to me. I know that look. It's his 'I've got a brilliantly terrible plan that may or may not involve breaking the law' look. I've seen it enough times to know that it never usually ends well. 

 He slid in next to Jared and I let my head fall towards Scott. He was looking even worse now. The wound was bleeding more and the blood was getting thicker. Stiles' little plan better work, because we need to get Scott off this bus. 

 Next thing I know, I hear the sounds of hurling coming from a few seats ahead. I don't even need supernatural smell to know that Stiles' plan had succeeded. It was that pungent.

 ☀

 "You suck, Jared!" Coach yelled out the window of the bus.

 All of us hurried off the bus once it stopped at a rest area to get away from the smell of Jared's vomit. Stiles and I were supporting Scott as we took him into the boys restroom. Allison and Lydia cautiously trailed behind us, keeping lookout so no one would see the massive blood wound on Scott's torso.

 Once inside, we carefully sat Scott against the wall between a pair of sinks. He groaned as we did so, his head bobbing from side to side. He was becoming too weak to even hold his head up. Not to mention his smell is getting stronger by the second.

 Allison knelt down beside him and lifted his shirt. The wound was bloodier than before, black liquid staining his skin. "Oh my god," sighed Allison. "Why didn't you tell us?"

 "Sorry," muttered Scott. A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead.

 "Just give us a second, okay?" Allison asked. She didn't wait for Scott to respond before standing up and coming over to Stiles, Lydia, and I. "This shouldn't be happening. I've seen him heal from worse than this,"