Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

TRIS' POV:

Tobias is here! He found me! I'm ecstatic! We can finally live our lives together!

"I missed you." I say smiling.

"I missed you too. I love you Tris." Tobias says, smiling his perfect smile.

Before I can respond, I feel something cold, and round on my temple. I hate to break me and Tobias' moment, but I have a bad feeling about this. I look to my left and see Samuel with a gun pressed to my head.

Tobias' smile is replaced with a look of panic.

"Move and I'll shoot." Sam says to Tobias and I. My breathing gets heavier. That's it, I'm going to die. For real this time. I don't know what to do!

"Samuel," I say as calmly as I can manage. "You said you would get me out of here. Please, help me." I say in a quiet voice, on the verge of tears. I don't want to die! I don't want to leave Tobias now that he knows I'm alive! I can imagine Sam shooting me, and my Tobias having to watch me suffer, and die in his arms. I can't let that happen!

Samuel slowly lowers his gun, unsure about what he should do. He leans down near Tobias' ear. He whispers something, and they both nod. Tobias sets me down, and pulls me toward the opposite end of the hallway.

Sam has his gun on Tobias' back. I gasp. Please don't shoot, please don't shoot!

Tobias leads me down a foreign hallway.

"There are no cameras here," Sam says.
"Quick, go up those stairs and get out of here as fast as you can." Sam orders. My face lights up. I run and give him a bear hug.

"Thank you." I whisper. I take Tobias' hand, and together we run up the stairs.