Chapter 50

A/N: Hey! I'm so excited to be writing Chapter 50! I never, ever thought if get here successfully! I thought I would've lost readers, but I haven't. Thanks for being so loyal! ILY!

CHAPTER 50

TRIS' POV:

"It was meant to be." Says Tobias.

"That's so cheesy." Says Zeke.

"So what? It's true." Tobias retorts.

"Yup." I agree.

"Whatever." Zeke says, defeated.

"So, what do you want to do?" Asks Uriah.

"I don't know." I glance at the clock. 3:00 p.m.

"We haven't had lunch yet." I say.

"None of us have either." Shauna says.

"Let's go."

__________________________________

After lunch, Tobias and I head home.

It's 4:30 now.

"Tobias?"

"Yes Tris?"

"Are you tired?"

"A little, I guess."

"Well, I am. I'm going to take a nap."

"I'll go with you." He says.

"Ok."

I change into one of Tobias' t-shirts, and climb into bed. He does the same.

Tobias wraps his strong arms around my waist, and I snuggle into his chest.

I fall asleep very quickly. Today has been emotionally draining, so I'm not surprised that I'm this tired.

___________________________________

TOBIAS' POV:

Tris falls asleep almost as soon as she gets comfortable, snuggled against me.

I have no intention of sleeping. I just like holding her like this. It let's me know she is safe.

I carefully study her beautiful features. I can faintly see the scar on her cheek through the make-up. I still can't believe one of my family members did that to her.

Then, I think of today. I think of how happy Tris looked, when she got handed her birth certificate. The way her face lit up with pure joy and excitement. That's the happiest she's been in a while.

I smile to myself.

Then, my mind drifts to when we went to her old house. It was bitter-sweet.

I had a good time seeing where Tris lived, and I know she liked reliving her childhood memories. But, seeing her breakdown when she entered her parents' bedroom, made me want to breakdown.

But, I didn't. I have to be the person that helps her get through this. I have to be strong for her.

I lay in bed, with Tris gathered in my arms for a while. She slowly opens her eyes at around 6:00.

"Hey beautiful." I say.

She blushes, and I chuckle.

"Hey handsome." She replies. I smile.

"Should we start pairing initiates for the 'fights' tomorrow?" I ask.

She sighs. "Yeah, I guess so."

__________________________________

"Alright initiates! This is the last day of fights!" Yells Tris. The initiates cheer.

"The rankings will be posted tomorrow, and then we'll move on to Stage 2." I finish.

"First up, Alaska and Kassidi!"

The fights move quickly.

Kassidi beats Alaska

Hartlyn beats Harvey

Wisty beats Brandon

Viviana beats Whit

Jed doesn't fight.

"Your rankings will be posted tomorrow morning!" I yell.

"Don't forget that tomorrow is also Visiting Day!" Tris adds.

I forgot about that.

"Can we start hinting about our relationship tomorrow?" Tris asks.

I groan. "I guess so."

__________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the super short chapter! I'm kinda running out of ideas! I hate writers block!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

Be brave. <4