Chapter 10

A/N: OMG guys! 120 reads! I never thought this many people would read my story! Thank you all SO much! Y'all are the best! <4
___________________________________

CHAPTER 10

TOBIAS' POV:

I wake up groggily, and have immense pain in my arm. I don't have the energy to talk, or even open my eyes.

"What was that about?" I hear Christina ask.

"N-Nothing." Tris stammers. She sounds terrified. When she's upset it makes me upset. I would make her feel better, but I can't make a sound.

"I know you're lying Tris. You're biting the inside of your cheek. What's wrong?" Christina says, sounding worried.

"Christina. I'll tell you later. I don't want to talk about it right now. Let's get Tobias to the hospital." She says. Now she has me worried. What's going on?

"T-T-Tris." I croak.

"Shh Tobias. Everything is fine. We'll take you to a doctor now. You'll be alright." She coos. That is the last thing I hear before darkness pulls me under again.

___________________________________

TRIS' POV:

I'm so worried about Tobias. He looks extremely pale. He's lost a lot of blood, and his breathing is becoming shallow.

But he was just shot in the arm. It couldn't have done that much damage. Could it?

When we get to the hospital, they put Tobias on a gurney, and immediately take him to surgery.

Right before they take him to the operating room, I whisper, "Be brave Tobias." I know he hears me, because his mouth twitches.

Christina and I are in the waiting room, eager to see Tobias.

"Tris? No offense, but how are you...alive?" Christina asks me, with a curious look in her eyes.

As I explain my story, horrible memories about the tests they did on me come flooding back.

I stop mid-sentence and break down into Christina's arms. She awkwardly hugs me, not knowing what's wrong. I hadn't explained the genetic testing yet. She pats my back, and strokes my hair, trying to calm me down.

After about 10 minutes, I stop crying. A nurse walks in and says, "Tris Prior?"

I slowly look up.

"Yes ma'am?" I ask.

"Tobias Eaton would like to see you." She replies.

"Can Christina come?" I ask, sniffling.

"Sorry, only one at a time." She states, not looking up from the clip board in her hands.

Christina nods at me, as if to say 'go ahead'. I nod back.

I nervously stand up, and follow the nurse down a hallway marked. "Intensive Care Unit" (ICU)

Is this where he is? Will he be alright?

The nurse shows me to room 4610, and I silently open the door. I step inside, and gasp. What happened to him?!?