Chapter 60

CHAPTER 60:

TOBIAS' POV:

After 20 minutes Tris is still screaming incomprehensible things, and thrashing around forcefully. It pains me to see her this way, and I can't help but wonder if I'm the one who caused this, by scaring her so badly this morning.

Everyone is still here by her side, trying to comfort both me and her.

Another ten minutes have passed and her screams are gradually become quieter. Now, she is only sobbing, occasionally shouting something we can't understand.

Another 15 minutes passes, and now she is only crying lightly. I decide to try and wake her.

"Tris? Tris, wake up." I say, giving her shoulder a little shake.

Her eyes slowly flutter open, and she looks at me, confused.

"Why'd you wake me?" She croaks, her voice hoarse from screaming so loudly.

"Oh my God, Tris." I say, enveloping her in a hug. I pull back and kiss her forehead.

"What was that for?" She asks. Then, she notices the other people in the room. Her eyes grow wide.

"Why are you guys her at," she checks the clock, "1 a.m.?"

Christina cries, and bolts over to her, wrapping her in a bone rushing hug.

Next it's Uriah's turn. He wraps her in a hug, and asks, "You ok?"

She nods hesitantly. "Yeah, why?"

"Hey, guys, I'm going to explain everything to Tris. See you in the morning?" I say.

They nod, and shuffle out.

"Tobias what's happening?" She asks, looking frightened.

"I'll explain on the way." I say.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to the infirmary. Just in case there's something wrong." I say.

She looks very confused.

I pick her up out of bed, bridal style and slip on my shoes.

"I can walk." She says, trying to get down.

"Tris, if you don't mind, I'd like to carry you. I want you close to me right now, considering what just happened." I tell her. I couldn't comfort her then, so if anything happens along the way, I can immediately begin to help.

Another look of confusion crosses her face.

"So what happened, Tobias?"

"Well I woke up about an hour ago, because you were kicking, and thrashing around. I tried waking you, because I knew you were have a nightmare, but nothing worked. You started screaming and I tried my best to wake you, but still nothing happened. I even got Chris, Uri, Zeke, and Shauna to try and nothing worked. Christina brought a doctor over, and she told us you we're having a night terror."

"Tobias I remember absolutely none of that." She says.

"That's why we're taking you to the doctor."

When we get a room, and a doctor asks us what happened, I explain everything down to the last detail.

"She remembers nothing. Like it never even happened." I finish up.

"That's normal. With night terrors, you never really remember much of it." The doctor says.

"So there's nothing wrong with her?" I ask. "Do you know what caused it?"