Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

TRIS' POV:

Some how, I survive the night without Tobias.

I fell asleep, only to be awoken by horrific nightmares. They caused my heart moniter to go crazy!

I think the nurses got sick of me interrupting them. Every time my heart would beat faster than normal, they'd have to come in and check on me.

After the 4th time, I just stopped trying to go back to sleep.

I look at the clock on my left, and see that it's 3 a.m.  Visiting hours start at 7 a.m. Ugh! I can't wait 4 more hours!

I sit in bed, examining my wounds. Some aren't too bad, my skin just split open. No need for stitches there.

But, most are deep, ragged, ugly cuts, that I know will leave a scar. I have a deep cut that goes from my cheek bone, down to my chin. That will leave a major scar.

I wasn't pretty before, and now I have a huge scar on my face that makes me even less pretty! Great!

Tears slip down my cheeks, stinging my cut.

I wince. Why me? Why did this have to happen? I want Marcus dead.

___________________________________

TOBIAS' POV:

I don't go to sleep at all that night. I stay in the waiting room, staring at a wall and thinking.

Will these permanent scars that Tris and I both have bring us closer together, or make us drift apart?

It is 6:30 a.m. now, and I'm nervous. Will she be ok? How hurt will she look? I pace back and forth, until the clock reaches 7:00.

Christina, Uriah, and Zeke are all asleep in the waiting room chairs. I decide not to wake them up. I'll get them later.

I walk to the front desk, and ask the plump, black haired woman, "Which room is Tris Prior in?"

She looks up momentarily, and types something in the computer.

"She is in the ICU, room 1046."

"Thank you." I mutter.

I rush to the Intensive Care Unit, and find room 1046.

I take a deep breath, and put my hand on the cold, metal handle. Here we go.

__________________________________

A/N: Hey!

OMG 2.7K reads! EEEEEEEK! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had 1.7K reads, like, 1 and a half, to 2 days ago.

Y'all are the best! Please COMMENT your thoughts!

Be brave. <4