Chapter 34

CHAPTER 34

TRIS' POV:

Today is Tobias' first day back at work, and I have to admit, I'm terrified. He is what I associate with safety. Without him, anything could happen.

If something were to happen to me, Chris and I could only do so much.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I roll over and smack the alarm clock. Tobias is already up. I grab some clothes and take a shower. After applying minimal make-up, I walk carefully into the kitchen.

Tobias sits at the breakfast bar eating a muffin.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey Tris. You gonna be ok today?" He asks.

I sigh, "I think so."

"Remember I'll meet you in the Cafeteria for lunch." He reminds me.

I nod.

Tobias hands me a muffin, and says, "I have to go now..." He waits to see my reaction.

"Ok." I say quietly, trying to hide the fact that I'm not ok with him leaving.

"I love you." He states lovingly.

I look into his gorgeous eyes.

"I love you too." I sniffle.

Tobias cups both of my cheeks with his rough, steady hands, and kisses me gently.

"Chris will be over in 5 minutes. Do you need me to stay until she gets here?" He asks sweetly.

"I-I don't know." I say, dazed.

"I'll wait with you, but tomorrow I'll have to leave before she gets here." Tobias tells me.

I nod, and sit down.

We cuddle on the couch until Christina arrives.

"Hey!" She says, popping the door open.

"Hi Chris." I respond weakly.

"I'm gonna go Tris." Says Tobias.

A tear slips down my cheek.

"Hey, you'll be fine, I promise." He coos.

"Bye." I hug him tightly.

I let go, and Tobias says, "See you later."

When he shuts the door, I start shaking.

"Hey Tris, it's alright. You'll see him in 3 and a half hours." Christina says, trying to calm me down.

"Chris, I don't know if I can do this." I say, crying softly.

"Yes, you can. Your Tris! 1st in our initiate class! You only have 7 fears!" She reassures. "Wait, 7 fears right? You still haven't gotten over the last one?" She mumbles.

I nod, and give a small laugh.

"See we're already having fun!" She yells.

"Christina?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me shop for some new clothes that cover my...scars." I shudder. "And, maybe some make up to cover this one." I say pointing to my cheek.

"OMG! OF COURSE! LETS GO!" She screams.

"Calm down!" I say giggling.

___________________________________

After 2 hours of shopping, we head home.

We still have an hour and a half until lunch.

"Chris, I'm gonna take a nap."

"Ok, I'll just watch some TV." She replies.

"Umm, before I go, I need to tell you something." I say nervously.

She turns to face me, with a concerned look on her face.

"I kinda have these reoccurring nightmares. Only sometimes though. But, you'll be able to tell when they're going on. It's best if you can wake me up as soon as possible." I explain.

"Oh, Tris. I'm sorry." She says sympathetically.

I shrug.

"How will I be able to tell when they're happening, exactly?" She asks.

"Well, there is screaming, or crying. Or you'll be able to hear me toss and turn." I say looking down. This is embarrassing.

"Oh. Well, I hope that doesn't happen. Goodnight." She says, turning back to the TV.

I walk into the bedroom, and lay down, piling blankets on top of me.

After about 5 minutes, I drift off.

__________________________________

A/N: Hi! I just wanted to let y'all know that I will most likely be updating tomorrow. Not sure though.

I probably won't post on Sunday, 'cuz it's Easter. Gotta go to church, help my little brother hunt for Easter eggs, stuff like that.

Thanks for reading!

COMMENT!

Be brave. <4