Chapter 62

TRIS' POV:

I had the dream again that night. It was still just as terrifying as the first time.

DREAM:

I walk home after shopping with Christina, with a frown on my face. I. Hate. Shopping.

I open the front door to our apartment. I drop my bags on the ground, and I notice something strange. A lot of our stuff is gone. Were we robbed?

I carefully walk into the bedroom, and see that all of Tobias' stuff is missing.

"What the......" I start to say. Realization of what's going on hits me hard, like a speeding train.

"Tobias?" I whisper, tears forming in my eyes, blurring my vision.

My gaze lands on a small piece of paper on my nightstand. I slowly pick it up, afraid about what it will say.

It reads:

Tris,

I'm sorry I have to do this, but it.... It just wasn't working out between us. I met somebody else. Someone beautiful, who doesn't wonder why anybody shows interest in her. She knows she is loved, and she knows why. I loved you Tris. A lot. But, I guess a fire that burns that bright isn't meant to last. I wish you the best.

Love,

Four

I fall onto the floor, unable to support my own body weight.

He didn't even put his real name! And he even put the qualities his new girlfriend had! Who does that?!?

The vows we spoke at our wedding, were supposed to bond us together. I guess, I am Tris Prior again.

Eventually, I run to the Pit, looking for Tobias, to ask him why he left me, why he thought it wasn't working out. He told me he would never leave me.

When I get there, the first thing I see is Tobias kissing another girl. He's right. She is beautiful.

"Tobias!" I scream, falling to the floor.

He looks up, and spits, "It's Four to you now. What do you want Tris?"

He won't even let me call him by his real name.

Suddenly, I hear everyone in the Pit laughing. They're laughing at me.

My friends start throwing insults at me. Everybody else does too.They point out my insecurities, and tell me I'm worth nothing, and they aren't surprised that Four left me.

I cry and cry and cry until there are no more tears left in me. People are still hurtling insults at me. It feels like it's been 1 hour, and not one of the insults I've received is the same as another.

I clamp my hands over my ears, to try and escape the madness, but the voices just get louder and louder.

END OF DREAM

TOBIAS' POV:

I wake up to an ear splitting scream. Tris' scream.

I quickly sit up, and look over to her.

She sits on our bed with her head in her hands, breathing heavily, trying not to cry.

"Tris?" I say, resting my hand on her back.

"Tobias..." She says, sounding relieved. Tris throws herself into my arms, hugging my tightly. Her tears spill over now.

I wipe them away. "Hey, I'm here. It's ok, I'm here. Shhhh..." I say in an attempt to comfort her.

"I-I had the same dream again." She cries.

I kiss her forehead lightly. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

She nods, and starts explaining.

When she gets to the part about the note I supposedly left her, I interrupt.

"Tris! I will never ever leave you. You need to know that. You are the love of my life, and I wouldn't trade a day of being with you, for a lifetime with someone else. You are the only person I will ever love, and I don't understand why you don't see that."

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too Tris. You and only you."

She continues with her story.

______________________________

"Tris, the things those people were saying aren't true." I tell her after she finishes up.

"Yes they are. Why else would they say that stuff?" She says, silently crying.

This breaks my heart. My eyes start to tear up too. I hate seeing her like this.

"Tris, dreams are something that comes from your own mind. Those people didn't say that, you did. And it kills me to know you think about yourself that way." I say, crying now.

She looks up, and sees the tears roll down my face, and asks, "Tobias, why are you crying? You have nothing to cry about."

"Tris, I do have something to cry about. You think all of those things about yourself, when absolutely none of it is true. You've always been insecure, but I didn't know it was this bad." I tell her truthfully, crying a little heavier now.

"Tobias, I-I don't know how to stop it. It's not my fault." She cries.

"Tris, you can stop it. It's your decision. You can either believe yourself, and have a miserable life, or believe me, when I say that none of those things are true."

I'm still crying, when I wrap her in my arms, and hold her tight.

Her face is buried in my chest, staining my shirt with tears.

She snuggles in closer, and wraps her arms around me.

She sniffles, and eventually her breathing evens out.

I thought she was asleep, until I heard,

"I believe you."

______________________________

A/N: Hi guys!

I really want to apologize for taking so long to update! I'm the new kid in school, and making friends isn't working out very well.....

Well, after this, only 2 chapters left! 😭

IM SO HAPPY THOUGH! I have over 200K READS! OMG THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!

I love y'all so much!

VOTE

COMMENT

Be brave. <4

P.S. Do you like my new user name??? 😜