Chapter 41

CHAPTER 41

TRIS' POV:

"So what was that about?" I ask Tobias when we get home after work.

"What was what about?" He questions.

"Me having to help ONLY the girls." I answer.

"Well, you saw how some of the guys looked at you!" He says defensively.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'll CHEAT on you!" I yell.

"I know, I know. I just don't want them to try anything." He says sheepishly.

"If they do, I promise I'll beat them up." I smirk.

He smiles. "Good."

"Besides, have you seen the way some if the girls look at you? Their eyes practically pop out of their head!" I say jokingly. "I mean, I can understand why..." I trail off.

Tobias chuckles.

"You're mine and only mine. No one could EVER replace you." He says sweetly.

I smile, and kiss him softly. He kisses back. I smile again, and break away.

"Capture the flag is tomorrow night." Tobias says quietly.

"We are SO gonna beat Zeke and Uri's team!" I predict.

He smiles. "Heck yeah we are. I'll be right back, I'm gonna shower."

"Ok." I say.

___________________________________

TOBIAS' POV:

Tonight is when we play capture the flag. After going over everything the initiates learned about shooting guns, and throwing knives, I dismiss them.

"Ready for capture the flag?" Tris asks.

"Yeah! We're gonna kick Zeke and Uriah's butts!" I respond.

After dinner, Tris goes right to sleep. I stay awake in bed, thinking, and worried.

Beep.Beep.Beep. The alarm clock seems to scream.

I smack it to turn it off.

"Tris? Wake up." I say gently.

I shake her shoulders when she doesn't wake.

"Tris! Get up! Let's go to capture the flag!" I say, getting annoyed.

"Ugggggggh." She growls.

"Did you just growl at me?" I ask jokingly. She growls again in reply.

"Come on, just get some clothes on, and brush your hair and teeth. You don't have to put make-up on. It'll be dark out, no one will see." I try to lighten her spirits.

"Yes they will. But, I'll be quick putting it on." She says tiredly.

I just shrug.

__________________________________

When we are ready, we bust into the transfers dorm.

"EVERYBODY UP!" I yell.

"MEET US AT THE TRAIN TRACKS IN 5 MINUTES OR YOUR FACTIONLESS!" Tris screams at the top of her lungs.

I hear a few muffled curses. Tris and I walk to the tracks, and chat with Zeke and Uri until the 5 minutes are up.

"Everyone on the train!" I yell after hearing the blaring horn.

Once everyone is on, Uriah says, "Everyone grab a gun, and some paintballs!"

When all of us have our equipment, Tris says, "Zeke and Uri, you guys pick first."