Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

TOBIAS' POV:

"Be brave Tobias." I hear a beautiful voice whisper. It must be Tris. I try to say 'always', but my mouth only twitches. I'm rushed into surgery.

A while later I wake up. No one is in the room. Where is Tris?!? Did they take her   back to where she was to do more tests on her?

My heart moniter goes crazy, and a nurse rushes in, looking flustered.

"Is Tris here?" I ask frantically. The nurse nods.

"Would you like to see her?" She asks. I nod vigorously.

Pain shoots through my body, and I gasp.

"Take it easy. I'll bring her in." The nurse says as she exits the room.

As I wait I take a good look at myself. My arm is bandaged, and blood seems to be seeping out. Great. My torso is also bandaged up. What? I never felt anything!

Suddenly I hear a gasp. I look up and see Tris with tears in her eyes.

"Tobias! Are you ok?" She asks, running over to me. I smile, and reach up to wipe a tear off of her cheek. I wince, and pull my hand away. I look down and see blood dripping down mg arm.

"I'm ok." I assure her.

"Tobias, don't lie to me." She says.

__________________________________

TRIS' POV:

"I'm ok." Tobias says. I look at his arm.

"Tobias, don't lie to me." I say, worried. I call in the nurse.

"Oh dear." She says. She rushes to grab some gauze.

"What happened to his torso?" I ask the nurse, that is currently wrapping Tobias' arm.

"Well, one of the guards that shot at Tobias fired a special kind of bullet. Once it makes contact with its target, it releases something that numbs the part of the body that it hit. So, Tobias only felt the bullet in his arm." She explains.

"Wow." Tobias and I say in sync.

The nurse nods, finishing up on Tobias' arm.

"The bullet hit your liver Tobias." She says.

"But wouldn't I die if it did?" He asks.

"Yes, but luckily we found a donor." She tells him.

"Who?" I ask.

"Tris, have a seat." The nurse commands. I sit.

"Tris, Tobias, Caleb was the donor." My eyes grow wide.

"What?" I ask quietly.

"He's gone. I'm sorry." The nurse says. She leaves the room.

__________________________________

Disclaimer:

I do not own Divergent or any of the characters. Veronica Roth does.

Thanks for reading! <4