Chapter 51

CHAPTER 51

TRIS' POV:

"Tris? Tris? Tris, come on, please wake up." A handsome voice says. Tobias.

I open my eyes and they meet his gorgeous deep blue ones.

"Finally! I thought you'd never get up! Your such a heavy sleeper!" He complains.

I chuckle, and give him a quick kiss.

"I have to go take a shower." He tells me.

"Want me to make some breakfast?" I ask.

"Please."

He walks off.

I hop out of bed, and start making some oatmeal.

After about 5-10 minutes, he walks into the kitchen, freshly cleaned.

"Oatmeal?" He asks, snaking an arm around my waste, and laying his chin on my bony shoulder.

"Yeah. But, better than Abnegation, plain oatmeal. I put cinnamon and sugar in it." I explain.

"Good. I hate Abnegation food." He mumbles.

"You like scrambled eggs." I tease.

"Well, yeah, but that's it." He chuckles, ad we sit down to eat.

___________________________________

When we finish breakfast, it's 6:00 a.m.

"Let's go put up the rankings. The initiates probably aren't up yet." Tobias suggests.

"Ok." I agree.

We take the list, and head to the initiate dorms. I'm wearing my wedding ring, so that they'll know I'm engaged. Tobias and I will show a bit more affection around them, and see if they get the hint.

Tobias walks into the dorm, and yells at the top of his lungs, "INITIATES!"

Everybody jolts out of their beds, cranky because they were woken so suddenly.

Tobias turns towards me and smirks. I can tell he loves doing that.

"Your rankings." He pins the paper on the wall.

RANKINGS:

*LAST PERSON ON THE LIST IS FACTIONLESS*

1. JED

2.HARTLYN

3.BRANDON

4.VIVIANA

5.KASSIDI

6.WISTY

7.WHIT

8.ALASKA

9.HARVEY

__________________________________

After getting a few more hours of sleep, Tobias and I have to get up for Visiting Day.

I take a shower, get dressed, and put my make-up on. We are ready to go.

When we walk out of our apartment, realization that no one will come to see me, slams into me, like a speeding train.

I start to tear up, but keep walking. Tobias doesn't notice until I sniffle. He looks my way.

"Tris, what's wrong?" He asks, very concerned. He cups my face with his hands, and strokes my cheek with his thumb.

"I-I just realized that nobody will come for me. They won't come to see me today. If my Mom were alive--" I choke on my words as more tears fall. "She would've come to see me..." I finish my sentence.

"Tris. It's ok. I'm here for you. Your family doesn't need to come see you. You know why?"

I shake my head.

"Because, they're always with you. Right here." He points to my heart. "They'll never leave you."

I hug him as tight as I can, and whisper, "Thank you."

I pull back and kiss him as if my life depended on it.

He pulls away, and smirks.

"Not in the hallway."

I chuckle.

We continue towards the Pit after I dry my tears.

__________________________________

When we get to the Pit, we see a lot of blue, white, red, and yellow's walking amongst the sea of black.

"Four! Six!" Yells Viviana. She motions us over.

"This is my Mom." She introduces. "Mom, these are my instructors, Four and Six."

"Numbers? Really?" Viviana's Mom says.

"Yes ma'am. Is there a problem?" I ask.

"How is Viviana doing here?" She asks quickly, not bothering to answer me.

"She's doing just fine." Tobias cuts to the point.

"Bye!" I say to them, wanting to get away from Viviana's annoying mother.

We spend another hour talking to the parents, and when we are about to leave, I see a figure, wearing all gray, standing modestly by the chasm.

"Oh my God."

________________________________

A/N: Hey! So sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've been SUPER busy!

Thanks for reading!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

Be brave. <4