Chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

TOBIAS' POV:

After a few hours of work, I'm exhausted. I'm not used to this anymore.

I walk to the Cafeteria, wondering if Tris was alright with Christina. It couldn't have been that bad, could it?

I look around the lunch room, and don't see Tris, or Christina. I shrug. Maybe they're running a little late.

I get into the lunch line, and hear, "T-FOUR!" Tris.

I turn around with a grin on my face. When my eyes land in her, I immediately become worried. She is crying uncontrollably. What happened?

She quickly dashes over to me, and hugs me tight, staining my shirt with her salty tears.

I hug her even tighter, and whisper soothing things into her ear.

After a few minutes, she's still crying, so I pick her up and carry her to the apartment.

Carefully setting her down on the couch, I ask, "Tris, what happened?"

"I-I don't know. I had a n-nightmare, and I was afraid. This one was worse than any I've ever h-had."

"Oh, Tris. I'm sorry." I hug her again.

"Where is Christina?" I ask. She cringes when I say her best friend's name. I give her a quizzical look.

"I dunno. But, I don't want to talk to her. All of my friends were in my dream. You were d-dead..." More tears spill out of her eyes.

"Tris, the dream wasn't real. I'm alive, And whatever your friends did to you, they won't ever do that. Ever. We all love you Tris." I say, wiping stray tears off her cheeks.

She nods.

"Christina?" I yell.

"Yeah?" I hear her call back.

"Can you come in here please?" I ask politely.

Seconds later Chris appears.

Her face is red and blotchy. Why is she crying?

Tris whimpers, and hides behind me. This makes Christina cry more.

"Tris what's wrong? I didn't do anything to you!" She yells.

Two crying girls. Great. (Note the sarcasm)

"Chris I'm sorry! My--My dream was so vivid, I can't get past it. I'm afraid that what happened in the nightmare will happen for real!" Tris counters.

"Tris, just know that I will never, ever do anything to hurt you." Christina says carefully. She walks out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her.

Tris cries harder than before.

"Shh. It's alright." I say hugging her.

I look at my watch. Shoot. I need to be at work in 5 minutes.

"Tris?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to be back at work in 5 minutes."

She sniffles. "So I'll be alone?" She asks, fear taking over her beautiful face.

"Zeke and Uri went zip-lining, so they're not here. So, yeah, I'm afraid you are." I say, thinking aloud.

"Oh God, Tobias. I can't do this! I can't!" She wails.

I grab her chin, and turn her face toward mine.

"Look Tris, if I could take off work I would. But I can't. It hurts me to see you this way. You have to be brave. If you don't do it for yourself then do it for me." I reason.

"Tobias, I don't know if I--"

"You can Tris, I know you can." Before she can say anything else, I crash my lips into hers. The kiss is filled with passion, and encouragement.

I stand up and walk to the door.

"Be brave Tris. The first time is always the hardest." I say, remembering when she went into a simulation for the first time.

I walk out of the apartment. I hear her sobs all the way down the hall.

Don't turn back Tobias. She needs this. She needs to be strong. I tell myself.

But I can feel my heart breaking.

___________________________________

A/N: Hi guys! Thanks for the 8K reads! ILY!

If 8K people have read this, don't you think there should be MORE COMMENTS? Yeah, me too.

PLEASE COMMENT! If you don't, I might not have the encouragement to keep writing.

Be brave. <4