Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

A/N: This is my first time doing Christina's POV! Please tell me if I'm doing ok with the POV of this character. I plan on doing more chapters like this! thanks!

CHRISTINA'S POV:

I feel terrible for Tobias. I know what it's like to lose someone you love. I mourned over Will, but I was never as broken as Tobias. He doesn't talk to anybody anymore. All he does is sulk, cry, and take long , long walks.

I hear him at night when everyone is asleep. He sobs quietly into his pillow, and repeats, "Tris!" Over, and over again. I miss her too, but I've learned to cope with the pain. He's never going to get over her. He'll never love again, I'm positive.

Suddenly I hear shouts.

"Run Tris! Run hurry!" It sounds like Tobias. Did he say Tris? Is he seeing things? Oh, Tobias. When will he start to understand that she isn't coming back?

I hear multiple feet pounding on the tile floor in the hallway. Then the gunshots go off. I hear Tobias scream in pain. Oh no! I have to go out there!

"Tobias!" I hear a girl yell. She sounds like Tris. Is it really her?

"Please! Please don't hurt him!" She screams.

I run to the hallway as fast as I can. If this is a trick, I won't hesitate to kill someone.

What I see makes my heart stop, and my head pound. Oh. My. Gosh. It IS Tris! Guards are surrounding her, and Tobias is on the ground gritting his teeth, and holding what I assume is his injured arm.

"STOP!" I yell the top of my lungs. I instantly regret it when I see the guards turn around and advance on me.

"Christina!" Tris screams. My breathing gets heavier. I'm panicking. I'm going to die today. At least I'll be able to join Will, Marlene, Lynn and Uriah. He isn't dead....yet. They're pulling his life support tomorrow.

"Stand down!" A woman's voice yells.

"Riley?" Tris asks. Who's Riley?

"Go back to your stations, and get out of my sight. Riley spits at the guards. They all retreat around the corner.

Tris runs to Tobias leans down and whispers sweet nothings into his ear, gently pushing his hair off his forehead. He is clearly in a lot of pain.

"T-Tris?" I whisper in disbelief. Tris gets up and runs over to me. She wraps her small arms around my body. I hug her back.

"I missed you." Tris says.

"I missed you too. I'm so glad you're alive." I reply tears welling up in my eyes.

___________________________________

A/N: Thank you SO much for reading my story! I hope y'all have as much fun reading it as I do writing it! Please comment your thoughts and ideas!

I had a mini heart attack today when I realized that The Divergent movie was 2 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! Thanks again for reading!
<4