Chapter 61

CHAPTER 61:

TOBIAS' POV:

It's been a week since Tris' night terror, and she still has no recollection of what happened in her dream. I think that's a good sign, but I'm also thinking she might remember soon. She's been antsy lately, and keeps biting her lip or the inside of her cheek out of nervousness.

"Tris, are you ok?" I ask her, while she's tapping her foot.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She answers, biting her bottom lip.

"I don't think you are." I tell her quietly.

"Why not?" She asks, looking a bit offended.

"Because," I grab her hands. "You haven't been yourself lately."

She looks at me guiltily.

"I remembered." She whispers.

"You did? When?!?" I say, tensing up. Why would she not tell me about this?

"Last night..." She says, looking down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask sympathetically.

"I was going to tell you today, after dinner. I didn't tell you when it happened because you were tired." She explains.

"Tris, we've already been over this." I say.

"I know. I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"It's ok. So, when did it happen last night?"

"Well, you woke up, because you heard me crying. I told you it was just another nightmare so that you could go back to sleep." She bites her lip again.

"Tris! So, it wasn't a regular nightmare?" I say angrily. I should've been able to tell it wasn't "just another nightmare". And, she should've told me.

"No. Not at all." She tells me.

"So, did you just go back to sleep?" I ask.

"Umm...No." She says, turning red.

"What did you do then?"

"I-I just kind of stayed up being scared the rest of the night." She explains, looking at the floor.

I sigh. "Tris...."

"I'm sorry Tobias." She says genuinely.

"I know you are Tris. But I feel more sorry for you. You were awake and terrified, while I was sleeping." I run a hand through my hair.

"Tobias it's not your fault. My Abnegation was showing a little, that's all." She says, pulling me into an embrace.

She hugs my around my stomach, and I hug her back. We stay like that for a while.

"What was it about?" I ask, nervous to hear the answer.

She shakes her head. She doesn't want to talk about it. It's too soon.

_____________________________

After dinner, we go back to our place, and talk about what we will do in the future.

Tris still wants to be an initiate trainer, and so do I. Initiation will start in 4 months.

Tris also tells me she wants children in the future, and I hesitantly agree with her.

Only one thing is preventing me from really wanting kids. I might turn out like Marcus. I've never been like him, but who knows, that might change. I'm hoping that I won't be like him. I mean, he is in my fear landscape, and I know putting my child through that would be horrible. For me and them. I wouldn't want them to be afraid of their father.

Why am I even thinking about this? If we even have children, it won't be for years.

After talking for a while, Tris and I decide to get some sleep. I hold her close, and protectively, and she snuggles into my chest.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too Tris." She's asleep now. "Sweet dreams."

______________________________

A/N: Hey!

Only 3 more chapters. 😭

I still want to know what names y'all think would be good for the sequel. Please comment!

I'm getting a ton of new reads and votes each day, thank you so much!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

Be brave. <4