Chapter 54

CHAPTER 54

TRIS' POV:

TIME LAPSE: 3 DAYS LATER

I wake up early in the morning, with Tobias' arm snaked around my waist. I slowly turn over, so I can face him. I hope this doesn't wake him up.

His breathing is still slow, and his face is completely relaxed. He's still asleep.

Over his shoulder, I see our alarm clock. It reads, 6:00 A.M.

Might as well get up. It's fear landscape day. I look to Tobias, and kiss his lips slowly. He almost immediately starts kissing back, and I chuckle. He pulls away, and groggily asks, "What?"

"That woke you up pretty quick."

He just shrugs.

"We should get ready. We have fear landscapes today." I say. Tobias nods, and slowly sits up.

I quickly grab my clothes, and shuffle into the bathroom. I take a nice, long shower, and get dressed.

After applying a small amount of make-up, (just enough to cover my scar) I walk into the kitchen.

Tobias stands there, dressed and ready.

"Let's just grab a muffin from the cafeteria." He suggests.

We walk down the halls, and enter the cafeteria. All of the initiates are already at their usual table, all of them looking pale, and afraid.

"I think we should sit with them today." I say.

Tobias sighs. "Yeah, I guess."

We both grab a muffin, and make our way over to the initiate table.

"Hey." I say with a smile on my face. They all return weak, meaningless smiles.

Nobody talks, and it's getting a bit awkward. I grip Tobias' hand under the table. Hartlyn looks at us, and asks, "Are you guys together?"

The whole table is staring at us now.

"Yeah." I say sheepishly.

All the girls smile, and all the guys look uninterested.

"You're engaged? Married?" Asks Alaska, pointing to my ring.

"Engaged." I answer. Her face lights up.

"Congratulations."

"Thanks." I say.

"Hey, Six. Is he the one that gave you that scar?" Whit nods at Tobias, then points to my cheek.

I double checked that I had it covered this morning!

I glance at Kassidi.

"Kass?"

"Sorry." She whispers.

"Of course not! He is the love of my life, he would never, EVER do anything to hurt me!" I answer Whit, menacingly.

"If you think that I would do anything like that, you're an idiot." Tobias says quietly.

Whit puts his hands up in mock surrender.

"Ok, ok." He says jokingly.

I roll my eyes.

"Come on Four, let's help set up the landscapes."

___________________________________

The fear landscapes were successful, although, one of our initiates took 45 minutes to get out.  (Alaska) They had 23 fears.

This year, one of the new dauntless leaders (that I can't remember the name of) gives the speech this year.

"Put up the rankings!" He yells.

Names show up on the board, in this order.

RANKINGS:

1. WHIT

2.MADISON

3. KASSIDI

4. HARTLYN

5. BRANDON

6. JAYCE

7. COLE

8. VIVIANA

9. BROOKLYN

10. JEDEDIAH

__________________________________

"Wow. We trained them well." I say, dumbfounded.

"Yeah, 7 out of the 10 are our initiates." Says Tobias, also surprised.

Zeke and Uriah walk over and defeatedly say, "Hey."

Tobias and I laugh at how disappointed they look.

"Hey." I say, catching my breath.

Uriah rolls his eyes and walks away.

Me, Tobias, and Zeke stand there awkwardly, not talking.

"Well, bye guys. I'm gonna look for Uri." Zeke finally says.

When he's far enough away, Tobias and I burst out laughing.

"The looks on their faces!" He says, still laughing.

When we're done, I say, "We should probably congratulate the initiates."

"Yeah, let's go."

He grabs my hand, but before we go anywhere, I get on my tip-toes, and give him a kiss.

When we pull away, I smile.

Tobias looks at me questioningly.

"Just thinking about my initiation, when we found out the rankings."

_________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! It's been awhile! I'm really sorry that y'all have to wait so long for updates!

Thanks!

COMMENT

VOTE

Be brave. <4

DISCLAIMER: ALL RIGHTS TO VERONICA ROTH! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS (except for the initiates) I ONLY OWN THE PLOT!