Chapter 4

Alaska's Point of View:

I'm not sure what happened I looked at the muddy looking wolf and my eyes began to burn. Then rain dropped in sheets down onto us. I ran out of the woodland area behind our school, soaking wet, Luke stood there bone dry.

"Not fair." I said my voice scratchy.

"What happened to you?" He asked before talking off his blazer and putting it on my shoulders. I know what everyone was thinking, that we are dating. One day we will realize are feelings, but we're not like that. I could never like him like that he's my best friends and if he tried to hit on me I would shut that down as quickly as it started.

"It starred raining." I said, lighting struck. Rain fell on me again, now Luke was dripping wet to.

"I'm going home." I told him before walking home. I stripped off my wet clothes and pulled on a baggy shirt, I was too lazy for pants.

I didn't fell like eating, I didn't fell like anything. Just numb, like the calm before a storm. I plugged my phone into the speakers, turning on I'm Bulletproof by Black Veil Brides, my favorite band. I sat on the couch, and closed my eyes.

Then the phone rang...

"Hello?" I asked my voice deep and scratchy. When ever I was iterated my voice was like that.

"Can I speak to Alaska Webster?" The voice was of a man. He sounded arrogant, even from over the phone.

"She's speaking to you." I told the man.

"Alright then. I just wanted to apologize and say things will get better." This had to be a joke.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny, I know this is a prank." I said dryly.

"This is not a joke Alaska. If you knew me you would understand I have no seance of humor or tolerance for it." I rolled my eyes.

"So if this is not a joke... What does that mean? Things will get better? How did you get this number? How did you know my name?" I asked.

"I know you are treated badly by the kids at school. That's going to stop. I got this number from a phone book. I know your name from a friend of mine." Creepy.

"Well that's not creepy at all." I sighed then hung up. There was a knock at the door, thunder roared. I opened the door to see Luke.

"Your eyes..." He said staring at me.

"What about them?" I asked.

"There glowing." He said in wonder.

"I don't care. Go away Luke, I'm blaring music you don't like." Drugs and Candy by All Time Low, blared threw my house.

"Your taste in music is... How do I put this kindly? Out there." He walked in.

"You're getting on my nerves Luke." As I spoke my lips began to ache, like they were being scratched. Blood flowed from my lips.

"Ow," I hissed while felling my bloody lips.

"Alaska!" Luke yelled grabbing my face.

"Luke I'm fine let go." I yelled. I walked to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror, there were scratch marks down my lips. Three to be exact, blood spilled down my face dripping on my chin. I whipped my face, and held a washcloth to the marks. I walked to the couch, I changed the station so She's Kinda Hot by 5 Seconds of Summer.

"The way you go from pop to medal," Luke said shaking his head. I shrugged, my whole body was aching. I couldn't catch my breathe. "Should I call 911?" Luke asked frantically.