Chapter 10

It has been a weak seance I got home, I have been back to school. But I'm not me, like I can't seem to be the old me. The police say it's trauma and I will be back to normal in no time. But I know it's not that.

Maybe I'm worried about Dillon... But why should I be, he almost killed me? Like Alaska he knocked you out and strangled you. I'm pretty sure I'm going insane. I mean who cares about him? *Cough, cough* I do.

Luke barely has left my side, and there is a police car that watches us walk to school every day. It's pretty creepy. I fell like a baby. On the bright side my parents still ignore me so I still have a little something familiar in my life. Now I'm sitting in math tapping my pencil on the desk. I tried zoning out but I just couldn't.

"Alaska, why don't you answer the question?" I looked up at her, was she nuts?

"Because I know the answer?" I said smiling at her. She put her hand of my desk and looked at the class. This was the only class I sat in the front courtesy of Mrs. Yellerson.

"Class listen up, here we have a good example of future high school drop out. Alaska will most likely not make it threw sophomore year. There is a high chance of her being homeless, and she may sell dru-"

"Excuse me? You think I'm that low? When I drop out I will live with my parents, and once they kick me out I will move in with Luke. He is going to be a rich business man and I will work for him, and once he fires me I will be homeless. It will not be homeless right away!"

"My apologies, it seems you got it all figured out." The class laughed, I got up from my seat.

"Sit," Mrs. Yellerson said.

"I'm not a dog. And for future reference don't try to insult me. Because I can be a little bit of a handful and trust me you don't want to deal with me." I sat back down, and continued to tap my pencil. After school I walked home without Luke, I felt bad for ditching him but I needed some space to think.

Being watched 24/7 was not something I wanted. I am a free spirit, I think and that means I like some space. Who knows. I walked threw the streets everything felt still, but the screams of my class mates. I walked into the woods, the cool breeze was soft and nice on my face.

I kept going, for what felt like hours. My feet knew where they where going before I did. I think anyways.

Far away, I was running away. Well walking away. I had no money, I had the clothes on my back, and worthless homework. But here I was walking away, very unlike me.

I was more of a punch back kind of person. Now here I was walking away. As the sun set I emerged from the woods. Lucky for me there was an empty park. I climbed into the tube slide and closed my eyes. My stomach growled, and my feet ached. My heart felt like it was being squeezed, finding food would be my morning problem.

I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. Hours seemed to pass everything was still. I wonder if my parents noticed my absence. Did Luke think I was kidnapped again? Has he called the police? With those thoughts I finely fell asleep.

. . .

I walked to town, finding a small diner. I sat at the counter, I was going to dine and dash. I ate the hot pancakes. I tried to eat slowly so I didn't give it away I hadn't eaten in a day. After my food I quickly got out. I was pretty much running away, I didn't hear anyone yelling at me so that was good sign. After a while I put my thumb out, hitchhiking... I never thought of myself as a hitchhiker.

Finely a red truck pulled over rolling down the window.

"Need a ride?" I kid about five years older then me asked.

"Yes!" I was so thankful it was not an old man.

"Where you headed?" He asked. Now that I looked at him he seemed younger.

"Any where but here." I said, he smiled big.

"Same, get in." He said. I got in, happily for me I got shot gun.

"Thank you so much!" I cheered as he drove towards the highway.

"Kids your age don't hitchhike. Plus I think you're running away, I'll help you out. I'm Ben by the way," He was quite handsome and had a cute smile.

"Alaska." He got onto the highway.

"Your that girl who got kidnapped a week ago, right?" I nodded my head. All of those memories came crashing down on me. Making it hard to breathe I spent all my time trying not to remember it.

"Are your parents going to freak out? Or the cops? Friend? Boyfriend?"

"My parents no. Cops yes. Friend yes. And you must think your funny for suggesting I have boyfriend." He laughed.

"Okay, okay. I guess he would be with you." He was funny and charismatic.

"What about you?"

"My friend and the cops." He looked so focused he too seemed to be avoiding unpleasant memories.

"My best, and only friend Luke. Is probably going nuts right now. I fell so bad for putting him through this, but I guess I didn't even realize I was running away tell I was gone. I mean this is my backpack, there's homework in this." We both laughed.

"My friend is Alex. She's this nerdy girl who is dead set on ruling the world. She was being picked on and well I stepped in best friends ever sense." I started laughing.

"I think Alex was made for Luke. That's him, he is my nerdy rock." We both laughed even harder. I liked Ben he was nice and fun.

"They don't deserve us train wreaks," He said. And we both were quite for a bit realizing the truth in his words.

"Amen. Where are we going?"

"I'm going straight to Florida, I can drop you off any were on the way." I thought for a minute.

"Florida here I come." He smiled. I turned on the radio, and listened to soft melody of the music. That's how the next 15 hours were, with the occasional bathroom break.

Hello Readers! I hope you like this longer chapter!

Vote!

Comment!

What is your favorite fruit? I like cherry's!

-Love you all