Chapter 37

Dillon had not asked me anything about the witch revolution, we had gone our separate ways. It was nice of him I needed time to think without him apologizing for his actions. It seemed the longer I stayed near him the more I wanted to forgive him.

I don't think I could ever fully forgive Dillon, I could just accept his actions. Was that crazy and irresponsible? Yes. But the last few days I felt crazy.

This whole which revolution thing was messing with my head. What had I signed up for? Would I be on the front lines? I wouldn't want to kill someone. What could I do make it rain on the battle field or light a desk on fire?

I curled up into a ball and began to sob. I felt so confused and angry all my pent up emotions bubbling out of me. I did not want to be some witch with fancy powers. I didn't want a mate. I didn't want my best friend to kiss me. I didn't want any of this!

I just wanted to disappear, I wanted everything to go away. It was all too much, why me? Why not any other girl? I cried myself to sleep in self pity.

. . .

I hadn't seen Dillon in days, I spent my time waiting. Waiting for anything to happen, for Beatty to come on contact with me, waiting for Dillon to talk of our kiss, for my brain to settle down, for anything!

I already cried all my tears, I had nothing left inside me. Not a soul to talk to everyone or everything I had ever known. Luke probably hated me, my parents must have already moved on, and the witches didn't need me.

Anger was the only thing left in me, the only thing I could decipher from the black slime inside of me. And it was time I took it out on something other then my own emotions. There was one person in this whole place who deserved my anger. Luckily for me he was tied up in a dining room.

I slowly made my way, my rage bubbling out of me. I looked at the sad alpha tied down and skinny and looked dead. I felt pity for him his eyes also red from crying, he was throwing a pity party like me.

"Why so sad? Because I was able to beat you so easily?" He didn't look at me, he was in his head.

"Show mercy. Kill me." His voice was strained.

"You want to die because you didn't get food for a few days?" Why did he get to give up on life so easy and not me?

"There is no point for me anymore. You two get along, I would be dead by now if I wasn't restrained." He confused me.

"Why?" I did not understand him.

"My mate is gone... I need to be with her." I felt bad for him, to be desperately alone. But then I remember he killed his own child.

"Everyone has someone they lost, why do you get to give up?"

"She is my mate!" He yelled at me.

"I'm sorry you lost her, but you shouldn't take your anger and sadness on others," I tried to sound calm and collected.

"You can't understand." He had a point I had never been in love. I slowly released the vines holding him down.

"Leave Dillon alone, and I don't want to see you again." He stood up and left without a word. Now I only had two problems left.

The witches and Dillon's lips.