Chapter 13

Alaska's Point of View:

I woke up this morning feeling slightly happy. The memories of last night played in my head. It was weird, how could that wolf get out here? Plus it didn't seem to remember the hurtful words I yelled at it, at out last encounter. But it seemed to recognized me.

I looked out to the road, the car seemed to pass everything in a hazy blur. It gave me time to think. Had I imagined it all, I'm going insane? Or did the wolf actually respond to me? It was all so weird. It made my brain hurt, I was so tired but I couldn't sleep.

"You okay?" Ben asked.

"Yea," I yawned. "Just tired."

"Ah, rough night?" I nodded my head.

"The wolf thing still bothering you?" I decided it was better to lie. I don't want my driver to think I was insane.

"No, just some PTSD." That would work, I was kidnapped recently, so the story cheeks out.

"How so?" I looked around, for an escape. Found none.

"Just-" I tried to think of a lie.

"You don't half to talk about it." Yes!!!

"Thanks." Just like yesterday we drove and drove and drove. Then Ben drove some more. I was bored out of my mind, even the strange events of yesterday got boring to think about.

"Will make it into Florida tonight, but it will be about another day tell we get to my grandparent's house."

"Just drop me off at the closest woman's shelter." I told him.

"Come on my Grandma's she is great!" Ben said, something in the pit of my stomach said I should say no.

"I bet she is but-" I started.

"Plus you already said you were coming there."

"Well I changed my mind." Ben pretend to sniff like he was about to cry.

"Then my grandma will be like "Wear's your pretty friend Ben?" and I will say, "She didn't want come." Then she will be super sad you turned us down and die. Do you want my grandma to die?" I laughed a little at Ben's silliness.

"I'm sorry for your future loss... Wait did you say pretty?" I asked fully remembering what Ben had said. Ben blushed a 100 colors red.

"Yea... Look at you. I was shocked when you said you didn't have a boyfriend." Now I was blushing. I have never been called beautiful, well Luke said my face was almost symmetrical before I got beat up by Dillon. That was like pretty Luke had said. My parents said I'm pretty but they kind of have to say that.

"Well flattery won't get you anywhere." I told him, I tried to make my tone sound cold. It didn't work, the whole car turned freezing. I shivered as goosebumps appeared on my arms. I messed with the controls finally warm air filtered into the car.

"That was strange," Ben said. Strange? Yes. Why dose this keep happening? Not sure. It was getting worse and worse. The fire at school. The rain. Had I been causing this? No that kinda stuff is reserved for books.

But maybe this is a book? Did I just break the forth wall?

Okay Alaska your going insane now. I took a deep breathe, and tried to convince myself I was not crazy. Which was proving to be more difficult then I thought.

Here is a special treat for you all! I have been a butt and have not updated so here is Luke's POV!

Tell me if you want to see more of him.

Alaska is ether dead or ran away. I'm not an idiot, Alaska has not been taken again. Her parents and the police are convinced she has. The won't listen to the genus who go advanced because his only friend is an idiot.

So here I am siting in front of two laptops hacking into to security cameras looking for the girl. Knowing Alaska she most likely hitched a ride out of here. The thing is where? She would go along with the driver, but how far would she go? Would she end up at there destination or just get out when she felt like it?

Sometimes I wish she was not so erratic then it would easier to find her... So I could kill her for the trouble she has caused. Maybe I would not do her homework and watch as she gets detention. No that would be too normal for her, my phone began to ring. Without looking at the number I answered.

"Luke?" Alaska asked from the phone.

"Alaska! You know how-" I started.

"Shh!!! Is anyone with you?" I looked out in the hall way I didn't see my mom.

"No, why?" Was she injured?

"Because I'm a runaway. Duh." She was still my Alaska.

"Where have you been? I'm so worried about you! The police think you have been taken again. I knew better, but so yeah." I rambled.

"Promise to not tell?" She asked, her voice getting low. She was trying to be quite, someone was trying to listen in on her.

"Promise."

"Okay so I'm with a guy named Ben. He's nice, we were talking about setting you up with Alex who is Ben's best friend. She is just like you, you guys would be the cutest world dominating couple! Anyways so I'm at a woman's shelter in Florida, I'll be here for a few days. Then I don't know what next."

"How can you not know what your going to do? This is nuts! Can you just come home? I miss you so much, I'm lonely things aren't the same without you!" I was getting chocked up. I didn't want this Alex girl. I wanted Alaska she was my best friend, and I loved her.

I know so cliche, me loving my best friend. But I don't care, she's been with me since the beginning. I couldn't lose her now.

"I'm sorry Luke, you don't deserve a train wreak like me. Luke you mean so much to me, you are my best friend remember that." Alaska's voice was cold, it was always like that when she was trying to cry.

"Why dose this sound like a good bye?" I chocked scared out of my mind I would never see of hear from her again.

"Because it-" I was crying now. Was she really going to go forever?

"Don't say it." Alaska laughed a little.

"I'm not going to die, I just it will be a while before I can talk again. I'm going off the grid..." What was she talking about?

"What? Why?" I gripped the phone tightly in my hands.

"Bye," The phone went dead. I sat there crying, I didn't care if it was pathetic. Alaska was like my Earth, I the moon circled around her. What is a moon to do without a Earth?

I know I have been slacking, but good news Alaska going to find about her powers! Plus I need a new charterer! So comment a description and aspects of your character best one wins! I can't start the chapter without is, so get them in quick!