four

Sai

"It's not a date."

I rolled my eyes at A. I was literally just gonna walk over to his door, knock, and enter. That's hardly a date, right? She was blowing this up way more than she should have. I was really feeling Eli, for all of the week that I've known him. "Hush because I already know you finna dress up," she was kind of right. I mean I wasn't bout to go see him looking like a bum, that just wasn't me. As I got up to get dressed, Elijah texted me.

eli 🧡
I'm still seeing you today, right?

I replied and told him I'd be by his place in less than an hour. Putting my phone down I searched my closet for something simple to wear. I threw on a creme cropped top and some brown baggy cargos, adding layered gold jewelry. Since my outfit was mainly neutral, I grabbed my green tote for some color. My hair was styled in the braid out I've been rocking, and I shaped it up a bit in the bathroom mirror.

"...and you said it wasn't that serious. Get tf out," Ada looked me up and down, complimenting me on my choice. I put my wallet and charger in my tote, and just as I was about to leave I remembered to get my Fenty slides, just in case my 1s got too uncomfortable. I texted Eli and told him I was ready to go.

"Sai-Sai, I'm outside," I opened the door and his car was pulled up to the curb. He got out to open my door. "Thought I was just goin' to your house, what's all this?" He walked to the drivers seat and entered the car. "A lil something for ya'."

He buckled up and started driving. After pulling out of the complex we began talking. "Elijah, where you taking me?"

He chuckled. "Don't worry bout it, just enjoy the ride."

Speaking of his car, "How long you had this car?" It was a very new car and it smelled so.

"I got it a month ago. Went up to the dealership and told the salesman I wanted to buy a car. He gon ask me who's paying for it. I said uh, nigga I am. He was tryna act like since I'm Black I'm broke. I went and asked for a different employee because that man pissed me off."

I was surprised at the fact that he bought his own car. Where the hell he getting this money from? Not from cutting hair. Ain't no way. "So you must got another job?" He nodded and explained that he does tattoos too. "Two jobs really ain't that hard."

I looked at him crazy. "Uh, it ain't that hard if you not lazy. You ain't gon catch me with two jobs while we in school." he laughed.

"You can be lazy all you want to. My girl ain't never gon have to work." Was he tryna...

Thirty minutes later we arrived at this place. "Ight so before we go in, you gonna tell me where we at?" He got out of the car and opened my door.

"Nah." Together we walked into the building and I finally realized what he brought me here to do.

"A cooking class?" I turned to him.

"Eli, how did you know I love food?" I gave him a hug.

"Wait till you see what we cooking, ma."

Inside there were two rows of four cooking tables. Every table had two stools and two aprons. We sat at the last available table and Eli tied my apron around me. All around us couples mingled and talked. As we got settled, another couple came to talk to us.

"Hey y'all, I'm Neisha," she waved and went on to introduce her partner. "And this is my boyfriend, Shawn," he smiled.

"Waddup ," Eli dapped him up as I introduced myself to Neisha.

"Alright everyone, we're going to learn how to make breakfast. Y'all know, for when you get done with the morning sex and you hungry as hell." The cook made everyone  laugh. "What the hell you get us into, Niesh?" Shawn asked her. She chuckled as the cook gave us instructions.