nine

Sai

Sai

"You gotta be rough with it," he said. Right now I was taking down the twists I gave him a couple of weeks ago. There was a knot in a part I was trying to take down, and I've been picking at it for the past fifteen minutes.

"Nah cuz that's gon rip your hair out." I sprayed more water on it and started going in with my fingers. Nothing seemed to work. "I been thinking bout this for a while. Why don't I just cut it all off?"

He's gonna big chop? I cringed hard. I couldn't imagine Eli without hair, and the thought of that weirded me out. "And what will you do with your hair then?" I questioned, putting the comb down. This was the last strand I needed to detangle before I could wash it.

"I don't know but imma figure it out. This hair just too high maintenance," he said. I frowned. I think I'm gonna miss his hair more than he will. I mean he was like my personal guinea pig; I tried any style on him before I did it to myself. Some of our best moments were in this bathroom with his head leaned against the sink, me washing out the last of the product in his head.

I walked to the front of him and sat on his lap. "But you know how much fun I have doing your hair!" He kissed my forehead. "I might not cut alll of it. Just majority." He picked me up and put me on his shoulder. I was dead with laughter and hit his back, begging him to let me down.

Elijah went outside and put me in his car. "Where we going?" I questioned. Ignoring me, he went back in and came out with my shoes, purse, phone, and his keys. Getting in the drivers seat, he started the engine.

It was crazy how he knew what to get for me. These couple months with him been great. After the whole incident with A and her attacker and him with Kai, everything settled down. "Mind answering my question now?" He side eyed me and kept driving. Once he pulled up to the destination, I immediately knew.

"No, stay in the car! Please don't do this!!" He turned off the engine and went over to the passenger seat to get me out. I kicked and flailed so it would stop him from going inside. He put me on his shoulder once again as we went inside.

"No Elijah! Whyyyyy?" I cried fake tears. He sat me on one of the waiting chairs in the barber shop. "What's good, Juice?" He dapped his friend up and sat in the chair. I sat there mad and pouting because he was really gonna cut his hair off over a stupid knot.

He saw my expression and blew me a kiss. "What can I do for you today, bro?" Eli told him all the specifics and Juice started cutting his hair. I recorded the first cut on Snapchat and captioned it with "RIP to Eli's hair. You will be missed🤧". He realized I was recording and posed for the camera. I zoomed in on his face.

"Aye Elijah, who that?" The other barbers asked him. Others joined in asking him questions as to who I was. "That's Sai," he chuckled at the end of my name. Everyone kept asking about our relationship but he remained silent. It's been 5 months and he still hasn't claimed me as his girl. Now when people ask me what we are, I gotta sit there and come up with an explanation because we not official yet. I'm not gonna bring it up with him right now, but he should understand that I won't wait forever. Even the girls were looking at me crazy for waiting this long.