twenty-four

Sai

"Oh so we lying now?" I said to Neisha after walking back into the apartment. I missed living here and was glad to be back. The only thing I dreaded was going to school. But the sooner I could get this last year over with, the sooner I could jumpstart my career.

"I don't wanna be the one to say it but you guys are kind of irrelevant." She replied sarcastically. Bree wrapped her arm around Neisha's neck. "Keep telling yourself that."

"You must be talking about Sai then. Cause me and Bree really the shit." Carmen chimed in.

"Fasho, fasho. Sai just lame. And she leaving us to go be with Eli," Bree rolled her eyes. It was true that we had a good vibe going on today. But I missed my boyfriend sooooo much.

I plopped down on the couch feeling all the food I ate in my stomach. The four of us just went out for some fun and then stopped by Cane's for some chicken. A was out with Kaiden doing whatever, and Tia was posed to come over later tonight to get ready with us.

"Carmen we going out later, you coming?" Bree asked.

"Yeah they wouldn't mind if you came along. And plus everyone needs to get to know you." I added. We've been friends for some months but she mostly hangs out with me or Bree. The rest of the girls don't really know her, meaning the guys sure as hell don't.

"Y'all sure? I wouldn't want to intrude--"

"You're coming." We all said at the same time.

Me and Ada flew in a couple days ago even though classes don't start for another week. Bree came in almost a day after us and everyone else had already been back. Since we were about to get busy with school anyways-- well not all of us but still-- we might as well go out once.

That was a couple hours away and I still had some stuff to do in between. They said they were gonna chill out here until then, which was no problem. "I'll catch y'all later."

Neisha looked up from the TV, causing Bree to do the same. "Excuse me? She leaving us in her house unattended?" Neisha looked to Bree. "Mane whatever. Don't do nothing stupid." Carmen said bye and waved from her spot on the couch.

I didn't really feel like driving to his apartment since it was literally right there. It felt good today so I decided to just walk.

His car was parked in the front meaning he was still there. I already had a key to the door and just unlocked it to get inside.

Elijah jumped up from the couch so quick and his eyes went wide. He looked like he had a mini heart attack which made a laugh escape from my mouth. "You gotta warn me for you come barging in girl. Damn." He clenched his chest.

I put my wallet and keys down on the table and gave him a hug. He smelled like his usual scent, which I adored. I took a deep inhale. We walked over to the couch that he got up from and put our feet up. Then I realized how clean the whole space looked and how well decorated it was.

"Why does your place look better than mine? This ain't fair." I was sprawled out over the black recliner. There was a fur blanket next to me and I grabbed it since he always kept it cold in his house.

"Whatchu got planed for us today?" Eli asked. I told him that I just wanted to spend time with him. Everything was bound to get hectic and we haven't just chilled in a minute. I wanted to ask how he was since he's been acting kind of distant. I know I ain't do nothing wrong though., so maybe it was something else

"What's going on with you?" I turned the volume on the Tv down a little so I could hear his response. His fists tensed up like they do when he's mad. I got up from under him and sat with my legs folded.