fifteen

Sai

What's the best way to kill someone? If you really want them dead, how should you do it? A list of options are stabbing, suffocation, shooting, lethal drug, or a plain old beat down. If I killed someone, I feel like Tia would help me clean everything up, as responsible as she was. She'd also hide the bodies with me. How good all of this sounds right now...

"You okay, Sai?" I snapped out of my murderous thoughts and looked up at Eli. He had his hands on my shoulders with a concerned look on his face. "You good?" I nodded and looked off in the distance; Neisha, A, and Bree really left me here with him. I think Neisha orchestrated this whole thing, and when I leave Imma have her ass.

I nodded, signifying that I was fine. I turned around and put my hand on the door to open it and get back in the restaurant. Eli smacked my hand off of the door as I turned to him with a puzzled face. He pulled it open for me and I chuckled as I stepped inside.

Once inside we sat at the same table I was just at. A waiter came out and I told her all we wanted were drinks.

I despised my friends for putting me in this position and I rolled my eyes mentally. I knew we inevitably had to talk, but I at least wanted to be prepared. I wanted it on my terms, not his.

"You look good, ma." As if I'd change in a month and a half.

There were no tears involved in how we left things, I never cried over him, and made sure I kept myself up. Yes I was upset about it, but I would never cry about someone who chose to leave me.

I didn't know what to say or express how I felt. Instead I just looked at him. His hair was all gone now and he grew him a set of waves.

I simply nodded and waited for him to say something else. But the silence stretched on for so long, my patience ran thin. "You had yo time?" I took a sip of my water. Yeah nigga yo six weeks of damn time.

"I did a lot of thinking these past couple weeks. I'm ready to talk," he said. I turned my seat to face him so I could finally hear what this was all about.

"My previous relationship ain't end so well. I don't want that fa' us."

I crossed my arms in annoyance and replied with, "And what happened?"

He looked away for a minute and continued. "I fucked up what we had goin'. After talking fo' a month, I asked her to be my girl and she said yes. That was that."

I knew his next words would have something to do with what he did. I twirled my thumb around my index finger. "I wanted to move things a lil faster and she wasn't ready to give me what I wanted." What you wanted? I needed him to specify, so I asked him what he meant. Rubbing his hands over his face once more, he started.

"Sex. And when she told me she wouldn't gimme that, I was pissed. I started feeling like 'fuck it'. I was goin' out every night, getting high, and fucking a new girl everyday. She was suspicious but later she found out 'bout all the shit I was pulling." Eli went on to explain the events of her leaving.

"So when I met you and we started goin', I told myself I ain't gon' fuck this up. That day when you asked me about what we were, er'thang in me said she's the one. But I kept thinking about what I did. Sai, I wanna be with you. I wanna be there for you. I just had some problems I needed to sort out and the shit is fixed. Look at me," he raised my head from the position it was in so that I could see him. "I'm ready for this relationship, ma. Whatchu' sayin'?"

The whole time I was with him he never showed me that he'd do something like that to me. Though I'll never know why he did what he did to ole girl, I decided not to ask; he didn't even know his reasoning. Sometimes men were immature, and maybe that was one of his moments.