eighteen

Sai

I was completely exhausted from the party yesterday. All the food was eaten up around 6 but there were a lot of drinks left. No one else was invited in after 11 and everyone was completely gone around midnight. We stayed up till about 2am cleaning everything up. Nobody was really sober enough or awake enough to drive home.

I carefully rolled out of the king sized bed in the guest room, making sure not to wake Neisha or Bree. I wrapped an extra blanket around me since I still had on my bikini. My phone was on the floor beside me, the time read 1:32 pm. Bree tossed and turned behind me as I crept outside to the kitchen where Tia was making something that smelled good. Ada was at the table dividing the money into five

"We made $2,035 so over 400 people came and went from one o'clock to eleven o'clock. Each of us is getting $407, which we need to hurry up and hide before Kaiden, Shawn, and Eli start asking questions." Each stack had a rubber band on it. I guess the boys went home. It made sense because if anyone of them were here snoring would be heard throughout the house.

"I told them that I got y'all and so they shouldn't come back here to pick anyone up. We ain't gotta worry bout them seeing the money," Tia spoke. She dished out breakfast food on five plates. I saw her flipping pancakes on the stove and got excited.

"Tia, I love you with all my heart." I ran up to her and hugged her from the back. I just don't know what it was about pancakes, but I loved them.

"Whatchu' in here hugging fa'?" Bree said, joining us in the kitchen. She squinted at the sunlight beaming through the windows. Her hair was all over her head and she looked disgruntled.

"Because," I took her hands and started dancing, "she's making food. And plus we got spending money." I started twerking on her with my little booty. Her and Tia started boosting me. "Work sis," Bree said while spraying me with imaginary money.

Neisha came in after about ten minutes. She wore the same look Bree had on her face and she was scratching herself, something she always did when she was sleepy or she just woke up. I helped Tia carry the plates to the dining table while Bree got forks and cups. Ada put the money away in Tia's room just in case the boys decided to pop up.

"We eating breakfast at 2:15?" The sleep was wearing off of Neisha's face. I blessed the food and dug in, I was so hungry.

Bree and A were arguing over something when my phone rang. It was Elijah. "Hey baby, you just woke up?" I told him I woke up not to long ago and that we were eating now. "Ight well don't stay out too late, I got sum' for you at your place." I wondered what it was.

"Mhm. What's this about?" Maybe it was a gift, or possibly money. My mind thought of a million different things it could be when he finally said something back. "Just a lil' parting gift before you leave me. Bree going in a couple days and you gon' be too busy to come see me so, I got you a gift. Can't say much about it. I'll see you." He hung up the phone.

"Pause," Bree held her hand up in Ada's face as if to put the argument in hold. "It's okay Bree, we can't win all arguments," A kissed her check playfully. I was really gonna miss my girls this summer but I was excited to go home. Bree was leaving tomorrow and Neisha was going upstate with Shawn to meet his family. Ada and I would be leaving in a couple days, followed by Tia and Elijah driving home to Louisiana.

"This time I had with y'all meant everything. Damn imma miss you guys," we all started looking a mixture of happy and sad. The only thing to do was to remind ourselves that in a couple of short weeks we'd be back together again. We loaded up the dishwasher and gathered in the living room to do our favorite thing: watch Moesha reruns.