twenty-five

Sai

Sai

4 months later

"Shit." I rolled over off of him and caught my breath. He was breathing harder than I was. If anything, the person on top should be the most tired.

I ripped the covers off of me and walked into the bathroom. Most of my stuff was moved into his house last week. I'd say we were moving kind of fast but everyone moves at their own pace, right?

It felt good to live with him though. I have always stayed with Ada but sometimes you need a change. And anyways, her and her little boo live at our old place together since I left.

Our circle hasn't exactly been the same for a couple months. The guys didn't know Eli was cheating but of course they forgave him cause that's they friend. It made me feel some type of way but I can't tell everyone who they can or cannot associate with. Bree used to try and get me to talk to Elijah after it all happened. I couldn't even stand to look at that nigga but she just kept pushing it until I couldn't take it no more. We had a big argument and haven't talked since. I miss Bree so much but I can't bring myself to talk to her.

Neisha and A have really been my rock through it all. Lately they've been questioning my decisions, saying I moved on too fast. If I'm happy all they need to do is support me. It took a long time for me to get to this point of happiness. I spent weeks crying over some dude who didn't appreciate my worth. I thought it was my fault and that I wasn't good enough.

Only one other person really made me feel like I was worthy of being loved and that it wasn't my fault and I didn't deserve anything that Elijah did.

I turned on the shower and let the water get a little warmer before I stepped in.

"You need some company in there?" I could see his outline through the frosted glass. He walked over to the sink. "You don't want no smoke, Des. Stay out there."

He mumbled something under his breath making me roll my eyes. "You tryna go somewhere today or we just chilling here?" I had made plans to go out with the girls later on so I wouldn't be seeing him until I got back tonight.

"Aight well I'm working another shift," he said as I wrapped a towel around me and stepped out. The ends of my hair were a little wet but the rest of it was in a bun. I dried off and put on a robe.

Desmond snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He left small kisses from my jaw to my neck. "Don't go baby. I still got more time before I gotta clock in," he kissed my cheek then started undoing the robe. I was starting to let myself go.

"That ain't gon' work this time, playa'." I turned around and pecked his lips, moving around him to the dresser. It was well into September now and it was still a little hot. I picked out some ripped jeans and a little crop top.

"Man whatever. Imma see you tonight then," he hugged me on my way out. The sun was burning bright, making me wish I remembered to grab my sunglasses. I ain't feel like going back in, though.