thirty-one

Hey babies! Sorry I haven't updated in foreverrr. Since it has been a while, here's a short recap:

Bree and Elijah are together, she recently made up with Sai because Neisha is about to get married to Shawn. Bree still hasn't told Sai that she is seeing Elijah, her ex. Sai is in a relationship with Dez but has developed feelings for Keon.

This chapter has some information that's in chapter 6, but you don't really have to go and reread.

Sai

I grabbed Bree's hand and paced over to the restroom. The party music blasting was dulled out by the door shutting behind us. "What the hell? I was having a good ass time." Some girls laughed and walked back out into the chaos.

"Girl you look pale," Bree touched my face.

I faced the mirror. Indeed, I looked like I had just seen a ghost. In a way he was kind of a ghost, I hadn't seen him since the kickback Eli and I threw. That was a million years ago. "I didn't recognize him at first, but the nigga is scum and always has been." Bree looked at me confused.

"Who?" She touched up her makeup in the mirror. After applying clear gloss and patting the oil off of her nose, she washed her hands. "You don't know dude, it was way before you and me met."

"Elijah and I threw a lil party. This dude tried to fuck with Ada." Bree scrunched up her face.

"Whatchu mean fuck with A?" I looked at myself in the mirror and smoothed down my freshly pressed hair. The vodka stain on my dress was dried up, only leaving a small shadow on the fabric.

"I mean he tried to rape her. She put up a good fight. And yunno Kaiden wasn't going for it." My blood boiled at how Dre really tried to take advantage of my sister. Niggas these days just can't control themselves.

Half of the club was rented out for Neisha's bachelorette party. I knew Shawn came from money, but I ain't know it was that much money. We had VIP sections with magic bottle service, bad bitches, everything. And up until four hours ago, Neisha didn't even know she was having a bachelorette party.

Shit, neither did we. Her soon to be sister in law was the mastermind behind all of this. It was really sweet of her to plan this party because Lord knows I was finna call the girls over to eat ice cream and watch Fresh Prince reruns.

"Tuh if my ass was there, he'd be dead."

"Well, he's here right now. I don't know how he even got let in. All I know is the nigga gotta go." I decided to leave out the rest of the story.

I was enjoying myself on the floor, not worried about any of the issues Des or Keon was tryna put on me. I wanted to enjoy this night for real because I never go to the club and I been so stressed lately. With the wedding coming up next week I just want to enjoy myself and sink into my maid of honor duties.

I know it was wrong of me to be acting like this while in a complicated relationship, but I can't let either of them rule my life.

The DJ put on some dancehall grinding music, so everyone grabbed their partner. I didn't really care who was behind me as long as he wasn't touching.

My hips were winding, the Ciroc was kicking in. After the song ended I wanted to go back to the VIP section to see how Neisha and the rest of the bridal train were holding up. But the guy behind me flipped me around to where we stood face to face.

It took way too long for me to realize who he was and get out of his grip. He grilled me and began to chuckle.

"You good?" Bree asked. I shook my head yes.