twenty-nine

Bree

Bree

I hugged Sai and sat on the couch with her. She rested her head in my lap. Neisha found some movies for us to watch and A tried to cook something up. Normally, Tia would cook for us. But Sai made it clear that she was done fucking with her.

"Whatchu' wanna do mamas?" Neisha asked her. If she wanted to stay in bed all day, I would understand. But it has been almost three weeks, when is she gonna stop being like this? I know she was madly in love with Elijah. But Sai isn't taking care of herself, and as a supportive friend I gotta at least try and make her get out. "Being cooped up all day ain't good. Do you have anywhere you want to go?"

"Nah. I'm good right here."

I sighed. Her attitude is killing all of us, but we put up with it cause we love her. She lost one of her best friends and her boyfriend already. I just think her and Eli ended it wrong. There was no type of communication. She just broke it off and never even let him explain. She don't see it like that though.

"Maybe you'll feel better if--"

"I'm not, so quit saying that shit. Letting him explain won't do nothing for me." Ada gave me that look. Sai sat up and faced me. "Why the hell do you keep saying that, anyways?"

She crossed her arms, waiting for my response. "I thought I asked you somethin'."

Neisha turned around after hearing Sai raise her voice. "Y'all needa' chill out, okay? What's going on?"

"Nah cause I'm tired of you acting like this is my fault," Sai addressed me again.

I was trying to clamp my tongue because I didn't want any problems. I didn't want to make Sai more mad, but she was pushing it now. "I never blamed anything on you. All I'm saying is, if you want to feel better, maybe you should speak to both him and Tia."

"So you on her side? Lemme ask you sumn', Bree. If I knew yo nigga was cheating and I let you stay with him, how would you feel?" She stood up. I'on know if she wanna put her hands on me, so I stood up too. She a little taller than me but I don't mind looking up.

"I would be mad, but I would listen. Especially if we got history and we cool like that. It's always a reason why folks do the shit they do. You sittin' here all bummed out when the shit coulda' been sorted out a while ago."

Ada watched from the kitchen, clearly not trying to get in the middle of it. Neisha tried to pull Sai back, but to no avail. "Now look at you. You pushed the guys away, now me? Just cause you not listening. Damn, you'n gotta agree wit' everything we say but you could at least listen."

"Can y'all chill?" Wasn't nobody listening to Neisha, but she tried anyways. She motioned for Ada to come and help her out. But A shook her head; she never got in the middle of anything.